bunny doesnt like his pellets..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamafern

Reaction score
north vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
i have kaytee timothy complete and he wont eatit. sometimes he will have a few from my hand but otherwise his dishstays pretty much the same. he likes his timothy hay and veggies/greensas well as fruit (we are slowly introducing them) but im worried thathe isnt getting enough nutrition. he feels too thin to me. should ichange it to an alfalfa based pllet to see if he likes it better? he is4..

if you can't get him to eat it, and he is thin,i would switch him to an alfalfa based pellet . or even a differenttimothy based pellet, it could just be the timothy complete he doesn'tlike!

some rabbits are picky like that. . . just like little kids!

Was that the type of pellet he was on when yougot him? Rabbits usually wont eat whats put in front of them if its anew pellet. If it is, you'll want to introduce it to him slowly, mixingit with his old food.

If I remember correctly, he's a rescue?

So she didn't have access to the food he was eating before.

I would maybe try going to Bosley's or Mr. Pets or some other pet storewith a bulk section. Take a small amount of the food theyhave there (which is normally alfalfa based food) and see if he likesany of those ones.

Once you have found one he likes and has gained a bit of wieght back, try doing a slow transfer over to the timothy pellet.

--Dawn

he was a rescue, yes..so i dont know what he was being fed before he came to me.

haley, i like your suggestion of trying some different ones thenincoporating the other. i will go to bosleys when my husband gets homeand get some of whatever they have in bulk.

i hope it helps!!

i went and got 2 different bulkalfalfa pellets and bunny attacked them as soon as i was taking themout of my backpack! i feel so bad now, that i was trying to get him toeat the timothy pellets.. i should have noticed right away that hedidnt like them, buti just didnt know. . im going to let him get fat onthis food that he likes then slowly add some timothy, because im moreworried about him being thin than anything right now. he seems reallyhappy that i finally clued in.

Yay!!

Let him get up to an acceptable weight, but be careful about himgetting fat. That's how Wildfire got fat, she was skinnyafter having her last litter so I left her on a high protien food andbefore I knew it she was quite over weight.

Then slowly mix the timothy pellets in! Super plan!

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back