Bunny doesn't appear to close his eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Popcorn's a 10 week old male lionhead. He's a black otter and has brown eyes. His eyes are really weird (and I thought the red eyes were scary). First of all I've never seen him close his eyes, I could stick my fingers in them and they'd stay open. I kissed himon the head once and he moved and I got a wet feel - it was his eyeball.

Second his pupils don't seem to expand or contract. His eyes actually look plastic or like doll eyes. Our other bunny's eyes are red and I've seen the pupils contract and expand, but Popcorn's eyes seem to always stay mostly dilated - I've never seen them go really small. It's kinda scary too cuz they never seem to move or show "emotion" they're always the same - I'm wondering if he doesn't have glass eyes. Should the pupils move in & out like normal eyes? He's always been inside as it's always been cold orsnowy outside since we got him so maybe I should try shining light into his eyes?

Is it normal?

I think I've seen Pipp (a dwarf) close her eyes twice in six years. Some rabbits just don't. Mikey closes his when he's sleeping on the couch, but not when he's in his pen. (Go figure).

sas :bunnydance:

my splay leg Angel doesnt close her eyes either....shes also my hard sleeper...which is weird for a bunny..i practically have to shake her awake and then she slowly comes to reality like a drunk...huh..where am i ?...then she sees me in her face and shes up AND GONE!.:)

dont lionheads have a open eye look all the time anyways...u know what i mean..some buns just have bulbous eyes, and his eye color prob makes him seem very doll like...

Back