Bunny Charicatures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
So... I know that a while back, someone was selling little sculptures of the rabbits of RO, and I was wondering if there was any interest for drawings?
(If not, that's okay ;) I know a couple people wanted to see my drawings anyway, so at least I'll be accomplishing that here)
They would probably go for about $5, and I'd work from a reference photo for color, but the pose can be anything (I don't have to see the rabbit jumping in the photo in order to draw it jumping.)

For an example, I did one of my boy, Butter.

This is the initial lineart:

ButterChar.jpg

And here's after I've colored it with some basic cell-shading in photoshop.

ButterShaded.jpg

I know there are people on RO that can draw better than I can, but...it would be nice to earn some more money for college, y'know? ;) The art supplies required for the classes are expensive... (I know there's a required kit I'm even supposed to buy from them before classes start that'll cost me around $140 *Sighs* )

And if nobody wants one, then I guess this can just be about me drawing a picture of my bunny, haha. :p

~Diana and Butter

I was the one doing the sculptures :)and if I wasn't a poor college student too I would definatly get one, but I have to buy a flash drive for one of my classes :(which sucks.

That's very good!! I love to draw too!! It's great to met other artists on here!!! have you ever tried writing a cartoon? Mabey you do a ROmonthly cratoon, or something. Your stlye of drawing looks a lot like some styles I've seen in graphic novels.

The Bunny Charicatures is a great idea!! And so are the bunny sculpters!! too bad there not still here. My parents own a concret studio, so we do a lot of sculpting too!!!!

-TK :dancingorig:

Thanks:biggrin2:they're still for sale and I have a few more to make. I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to find time to do them, but I'll try to surprise myself with my homework getting-doness :p

Do you use a drawing tablet? Or do you draw on paper and scan them in?

TK :

Thanks :D You never know who might be an artist, haha. I -thought- there might be more hidden away on RO.....

Tundrakatiebean:

Usually I would draw the picture directly into photoshop with a tablet, but for this particular picture, because of all the fur, I found that it took less time to draw it and ink it on a piece of paper and scan it in.

Wow...VERY cool. I really appreciate when someone can do artwork on the computer that wonderfully! I even called my husband over to show him!

WONDERFUL!

I wouldn't mind pics of my babies done...but I still am getting the money together for the little clay bunnies Katie did for me. If you wouldn't mind hangin' onto the pics for me, I would LOVE caricatures of them like that. Those are just GORGEOUS! :)

Also...would you print them out & send them to me, or would I have to print them out?

VERY COOL! :)

You are an amazing artist :shock: I would love one once my boy's hair is all grown back so it can be one of what he actually looks like ;)

~Becki

maherwoman wrote:
Wow...VERY cool. I really appreciate when someone can do artwork on the computer that wonderfully! I even called my husband over to show him!

WONDERFUL!

I wouldn't mind pics of my babies done...but I still am getting the money together for the little clay bunnies Katie did for me. If you wouldn't mind hangin' onto the pics for me, I would LOVE caricatures of them like that. Those are just GORGEOUS! :)

Also...would you print them out & send them to me, or would I have to print them out?

VERY COOL! :)

I can hang onto pictures for as long as you need :p If you could post reference pictures of the bunnies you want done, or PM them to me, that would be helpful. (The more references, the better) And also any information, like poses, etc.
I could print them out on some glossy photo paper and send them to you, if you don't want to print them out yourself ;) (Or don't have a printer)

~Diana

ChompersMom wrote:
You are an amazing artist :shock: I would love one once my boy's hair is all grown back so it can be one of what he actually looks like ;)

~Becki

I know what you mean :D Even though your bunny had to have his hair shaved off, my boy is shedding something TERRIBLE right now and looks like a patchwork quilt made with crazy craft hair :p But I could draw that of him because I actually knew what he looked like before.

That is awesome! It's so cute and I love the colouring, espeically the shading under his tummy.

I would love some drawings of my buns, maybe once my uni stuff is sorted!:D

That looks awesome! I would LOVE drawings of my bunnies, as well as sculptures if anyone is still doing those - I can make a little shrine to my bunnies lol.

I'm moving on Saturday and starting college up again on the 4th, so I don't have a lot of extra money right now with all my books to buy - but if your still doing them after that I'd definatly like some!

I may be interested as well. Do you do cats too? The town I live in has an art festival each year and I keep hoping I'll find someone to do a drawing or watercolor of my cats, came close one year, but I lost her name and address :(.

Back