Bunny Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_peter_kraz

Reaction score
I often find myself going calling Faye different breeds.

It all started when I got Faye from a pet store( not knowing what I donow about where I should buy) but I'm sure I'll be just about 30 years old before I have to buy a bun again. So Fayewas sitting with three sisters at the store in VT and the Sign said"French mini lop". I now know that is not possible, ethershes a French lop or a mini Lop ( is that right?). So I foundmyself the first year calling her a French mini lop. Then itwent to mini lop( because I no longer wanted to sound like afool). Sometimes I would call her a French lop. Thepicture below is Faye she'll be 3 in may( taking in the factor that shewas probably 4-5 mouths old when I got her). She weighs 7pounds 1 once and the vet says shes 1 pound over weight ( thanks toeveryone here she no longer has raisins and nuts twice aday) so shessteadily losing weight but if you could tell me if she is a French lopor a mini lop I would feel like a much better father:D Herestwo different pictures I'm sure you have seen but I wonted you to getacouple different angles.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me

Peter

dr_peter_kraz wrote:
Oh and she has lost weight since these photos

She looks really good now

I think she looked good then too :p

Just out of curiosity I wonder how they work out what breed should be what weight?

Wonder if it's like humans, height, sex, bone structure or whatever??????

Pamnock will be able to tell you. I will take a guess (sheesh I should be able to get this at least close!)

mini-lop (but that's only a guess)

Hi Peter

I'm not a breeder or an expert but I have two rabbits who are what wein the UK call dwarf lops and they're both around the sort of weightyou're talking about.

I think in the US they're called mini lops, but I'm not certain.

I do know that French lops are big. Hence why dwarf lops hereare called dwarf even though they aren't, they're dwarf compared to theoriginal French ones. I'm assuming that mini is probably right inFaye's case, because I think dwarf in the States are the really smallones.

I know someone from the US will be able to tell you with much morecertainty, I guess I'm just trying my knowledge out :D. I think Faye isa gorgeous bun whatever she is.

Kate

OK I took too long to write my post, that's whatcomes of doing too many things at once :). At least I was right though.I'm learning :). Thanks to the experts :).

Kate

Rowan wrote:
Hi Peter

I'm not a breeder or an expert but I have two rabbits who are what wein the UK call dwarf lops and they're both around the sort of weightyou're talking about.

I think in the US they're called mini lops, but I'm not certain.

Kate

Correct -- they are Dwarf Lops in the UK.

Pam

i think she looks like fergi's rabbit SAMARA

is she quite large or small

because if she a good size you may have a FLEMISH GIANT

VARNA XXXX

Latest posts

Back