Bunny Boarding in Dallas, TX

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ann4427

Reaction score
I'm an international student and I'm planning to go home over the Christmas break since I haven't been home for like a few years. I have a 2 years old Holland Lop rabbit named Brownie. He has been with me since he's only 6 weeks old. I love him like my own child and I would regret for the rest of my life if anything ever happens to him.

So....I'm desperately looking for a place to board him since it's gonna be a long trip (a month) and I just can't take him with me to my home country. After a long research, I can only find 2 places that board rabbit which are North Texas Rabbit Sanctuary and Horseshoe Rabbitry(http://horseshoerabbitry.weebly.com)

I have already contacted NTRS and they asked for $10/day which I think very reasonable, but for a month it's gonna be around $300. I'm only a poor college student and I don't think I can afford it :(:(:(:(. I'm still waiting for reply from Horseshoe Rabbitry thou.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :pray::pray: Or if you know a place that board rabbit for cheap price in Dallas Metroplex please please let me know!!

not sure how you'd feel about leaving your bunny with another RO member, but we sometimes bunny-sit for each other. I'm in san antonio, which is a bit of a drive, but I could look after a third bunny for a month... there may even be someone closer to you who'd be willing to help out - we have many members in texas. it would save you the cost of boarding and your bunny would get cared for by a fellow bunny owner in the comfort of their home.

I've looked into NTRS and I was less than impressed. I wouldn't board Qtip there. The woman who worked there was kind of a (w)itch to me when I went.

I'd bunnysit, but I'm in Austin for the year....

Thank you so much for your replies.

I do think that leaving my bunny with a member is the best idea for me right now. However, Austin and San Antonio is too far for me. I'm currently in Arlington. It would be wonderful if I can find any member that willing to look after my bunny some where around Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth area.

If you guys know anybody, please let me know!!!:pray::pray:

I'm sometimes/usually in the Dallas area over breaks, but I may be spending more of this one in Austin than Dallas. If it was a week, I could do it. I'm fairly sure there was a member who lived in...Plano maybe. But I don't remember who.

I would be nervous about boarding my bunnies. I would be more inclined to having someone come in everyday at my house to look after them. I would never board my bunnies as it would be too stressful on them.

I live in North Dallas and would consider keeping your rabbit while you are away. I have one male rabbit so I would need to know that your bunny is healthy - something from your vet stating so.

Hi wee willie,
Thank you for your reply!!
Do you think you can look after my bunny for a month? And what area in North Dallas do you live? My bunny is male also but he's not neutered. He's very healthy and I have his health certificate from the vet in August when we moved from NY to TX. How long have you been taking care of bunnies?

I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for anybody who is willing to look after my bunny for a month in Dallas Metroplex area!!!

Cool. We just baby sat Peanut for larryng while he was visiting family for a week. Offered to watch one for 4 months for a gal in San Diego while she's in Chemo but she wants someone closer to home. We prefer Bunny people over a boarding place as we feel it's a better place with less crowding and problems. They are our babies after all!

Back