Bunny Blue Ears *PART TWO!*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Baby01

Reaction score
Okay, I know this sounds weird, but I wanted to see if there were any differences in thetemperature in each bunny's ear, since Velvet's were blue. Velvet's ears were as cold as ice. It felt like someone had stuck an icecube in the eardrum or something. I felt Lacey's and hers felt like normal. Geez, I'm freaking out! :nerves1What's going to happen to her? :cry2

The ears feel colder when held away from the body and when not perfused with blood. This may or may not have anything to do with the ears being previously blue.

How does your bunny's gum color look compared to the other rabbit?

It's better to keep related info on the rabbit on one thread to make it easier to follow the entire situation.

This may or may not be serious, but if you feel that something is wrong, a vet visit is in order.

Pam

I agree that the cold temp may mean there is a lack of blood flow. Check the gums to see if they are a healthy pink to ensure she is getting enough oxygen, and get her to the vet soon. This is probably an emergency situation.

It's really hard to speculate on so little information. Generally, if the rabbit isn't getting enough oxygen to the tissues, respiration would increase to attempt to compensate if something serious was wrong.

It would help to know if the rabbit is showing any other symptoms or having any other health issues.

Pam

Latest posts

Back