bunny biting viciously when a new rabbit is brought into the home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! Rory has finally forgiven me! He spent the past two weeks running away from me and giving me the butt, but he's jumped up on the futon for pets twice this morning and is licking my arm right now! I'm so happy that I'm tearing up a little. He let me pick him up once the other day, but he's generally been ignoring me and acting like he's afraid of me. He was even acting a little nervous at first when I was petting him on the futon, but he quickly melted like he usually does and he doesn't seem nervous now. I guess the past two weeks of talking to him and hand feeding him lettuce has paid off! :pinkelepht:

Thought I'd give this thread an update! I think Rory is back to his pre-Skyler invasion self. He doesn't act afraid of me anymore and will hope up on the back of the couch like he used to and ask for pets. Yay! He also hasn't bitten or nipped since that big one. I still have the mark on my finger, it's healed up but white and the skin is thicker where the bite was. It will be interesting to see if the mark is still there in a year or so.

But anyway, the true test came last night... Just like the night he bit me, Skyler was in his cage in the kitchen and I was giving him his medicine and playing with him. Turned around and Rory was sitting on the carpet right in front of the kitchen, watching... I went over to Rory, knelt down, baby talked to him, and then proceeded to pet him, all without being attacked! Woohoo! I celebrated by giving him a ton of organic carrot tops and some yummy celery. He approved immensely. He still wants to tear Skyler apart so I have a barrier around the outside of his cage for when Skyler's out, but I think he's kinda sorta accepted Skyler now!

Hopefully we don't go through the whole hating mama thing again when we bring home another little bunny in a few months. It will be a girl though, so maybe he won't react as strongly? Poor Rory, such a trooper!

Latest posts

Back