Bunny behavior/sexing issues..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarisaKWojo

Reaction score
My 5 month old flemish giant has recently begun humping my cat. I thought Pepper (the bunny) was female but now I'm second guessing myself. Why would she be doing this if she is indeed a female? How would I sex her assuming I am wrong about her/his sex?

Now that I have looked I'm nearly positive that my bunny is indeed a male. Which is shocking because when he was 8 and a half weeks old I took him to the vet and my vet said he was a she. But I am assuming at that age it may be hard to distinguish between the sexes with out being invasive.

Its hard to tell even up to six months at times. even if you are a "professional" breeder who has done it for years and years. A Netherland Dwarf breeder at WIF open show was selling some due to having some that were not does. so don't feel bad. its fine. I had two as well that i thought were does turned out to be bucks. I got one doe out of 3.

My cat runs away scared from the situation. haha Its kind of funny though. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with confusion concerning the sex of my bunny. I'm just glad his name isn't strictly female. haha.

my friend's bunny was a girl and she would hump the cat whenever she could catch it. she was just a very dominant female. it stopped once she was spayed.

Latest posts

Back