Bunny ate rubber- please help I'm freaking out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeddyTruly

Reaction score
Hello! I had just came back from visiting my grandmas house and left my rabbit Teddy in the care of my mom. My mom had, with well intentions and no fault of hers, let Teddy out to free roam. This was a very sweet thing, but I had not cleaned up my room from Teddy's grooming session and well, you can guess what happened. My sweet little troublemaker just ate the rubber on his brush. He's been eating and pooping normally, and he has been fine for the past day or so but I'm really worried about stasis and other things. I felt his belly, and didn't see any blockage but-. Is it fine for now or should I call a vet? I'm really worried but I don't want to spend money on a pointless excursion. Any advise would be majorrrrly appreciated
static-assets-upload12410258927060428673.jpg

My rabbit has also found rubber randomly and eaten it (he chewed it off a footstool). It went through his system fine. As long as your bunny is active, eating, and drinking like normal don’t worry much. Just monitor him and if he is still being normal throughout the night into tomorrow it should have already passed through your bunnies system too.

We've had this happen many times. For the first few dozen episodes we were concerned; but, it has never been a problem.

One of our buns has eaten everything from crutch tips, to rubber boots to leather shoes and everything in between. So far, no problems. :)

Thank you. He's been doing great and running around like normal for the past few days so I think it's all good! thank you for responding

Latest posts

Back