Bunny ate plastic tip of Bene-Bac gel tube

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luci&Skittles

Reaction score
Help!! I was giving Luci some of her Bene-Bac probiotic gel and either in anger or hunger she chewed off the small tip (maybe 1/2 -1/3 centimeter in length and the thickness of spaghetti). I tried to get her to spit it out but if you own a bunny you know that’s not happening. Anyway what should I do? I am watching her to make sure she is pooping but it just happened so should I be worried?

It would depend on how big a piece it was and how big your rabbit is. If your bun managed to actually chew it up into smaller bits, it probably will just go right through. I would keep a close eye on eating, drinking, and pooping. If your bun has a decrease in eating or pooping, and/or there is an abnormal change of behavior, contact your vet right away. Though if you have any concerns at all, best to consult with your vet.

Thank you for your reply. She most definitely chewed it up further but she’s being doing well. She elate and pooped through the night. Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back