bunnies on wood floors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamafern

Reaction score
north vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
hi again..more questions!
we have wood floors with just a few throw rugs around.. will bunny hoparound or do i need to get a more extensive covering for thefloor when he is hoping about? i have a friend who's bun refuses to goon the wood floor...but then i have seen pictures here with them oncarpetless floors and looking happy..

or perhaps they are all diferent..

We have wood floors too. Our bunnsrefused to go on them at first...so to get them from one carpet toanother we would lay down towels until they got used to crossing fromone to another and then eventually we just took up the towels and theywere fine!:) But all bunns are different! Some mayjust not like the lack of traction!

My rabbit Anna hates the wood floors..they freakher out and she makes a mad dash to get off of them. I've found thatpurchasing some cheap carpet runners and putting them down throughoutthe house can create a good 'runway' for rabbits with slippery floorproblems. :)

My 2 bunnies are great on the wood floors - theydon't mind it at all, but I had them both on the wood frombabies. They do binky like mad when they are on the rugsthough, so i know they like the rugs way better.

My parent's bun refused to go on the wood floor for a long time, butnow he is used to it, but he will still take the long way around theroom if there is anything but wood for him to jump on.

The cheap carpet runners from Walmart is what I use in my bunny room.

i am with honeypot, both my rabbits were raised from babies with wood floors. . .they have no problems with it

mamafern wrote:
what is "binkey":imstupid?
;)It's when they do mad bunny leaps and jumps and crazybouncing and running around at 100mph. It's a sign ofhappiness. They do popcorn jumps straight up in the air andhead flicks and sideways jumps. Crazy things.

_________
Nadia

We have faux hardwood floors.

Flower and Trixie don't care a whit...but ya can't tell either Maisieminds or not...she's too happy just staying in her cage to come out andplay. :)

So, yeah, it definitely depends on the bun's personality. :)

the best way i have found to describe a binkie:

if you have ever watched mad tv. (if not, sorry, you will be lost)there is a character called stewart. . . and stewart does this madlittle jump and says "look what i can do!"

i would post a link to a video clip, but they tend to have not so good words and such in them. . .

We have mostly lino, and I remember my littleguy didn't seem to like it as much as carpet, but he got used toit...(we had more carpet at our old house)

One funny time though, he was chasing the cat across the floor, and thecat (being more agile) ducked into the pantry, and the bunny tried tostop and ended up sliding several feet across the floor! It was one ofthe funniest things to see with his little legs splayed out to thesides :)

Fiona

well, he doesn't seem to like the wool floor..he kind of skids on it and gets scared. we have a little rug path forhim and he likes it a lot. not to say that he wont venture from iteventualy, but while he is getting a sense of the place he seems happyon his bunny trail. and he is so cute and smart! i cant even believe it.

My bunny plays "The Floor Is Hot Lava" and hatesthe hardwood and tile floors. :run:She will make a mad dash from rug torug though. (mad dashing on wood floors lead to wipeouts):foreheadsmack:

he has started to venture onto the floor but only if there is something soft within a certain distance.

im wondering if he needs nail clipping..because he really makes a lotof nose and it seems like he doesn't have good traction at all..

He may need his nails clipped. Bunniesalso don't have the ability to retract their nails like cats do, sothey will make some sort of noise.

But I'm sure shorter nails would make it easier.

--Dawn

I have large rug on a linoleum floor which isslippery for my bunny (the linoleum), but she doesn't mind.:runningrabbit: She'll race around and slide on the linoleum and crashinto things. But she never refused to walk on it, even as a baby. Iguess it's just a preference.

Latest posts

Back