Bunnies loving fresh basil!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buns raid my vege and herb garden everyday. I have- purple & normal basil, cilantro, mint, oregano, thyme, apple mint, Italian parsley & normal parsley, spearmint, comfrey, borage, echinacea, kale, nasturtium, romaine & frilly lettuce, spinach + my rose bushes & strawberries are a fav. They even ate all my snow pea seedlings which didn't get a chance to grow & any of the flowers off my cottage garden flowers. They only take little nibbles so I still get to harvest a lot & they don't take out the whole garden- sharing is caring in their eyes :) My special needs bunny with a sensitive digestive tract has her own edible weeds patch with dandelions, puha, clover & plantain with a few other varieties I don't know the names of + I dry out rose tree prunings for her to munch on.

My buns are always right by my side when I'm gardening, sussing out all the new stuff I put in plus they like to "dig for treasure" in my vege patches so they are very helpful when I planting out.

It really is the highlight of their day raiding the patches + they fertilise if for me to :)

Yes cilantro is the plant and coriander is the seed.

Huh. I knew they were the same thing, but I wasn't aware they were different parts of the same thing. Interesting, strange that it's called coriander when sold fresh here then/as a plant.

Bandit makes the funniest faces when he eats coriander (still going to call the leafy parts that :p) though. I laugh every time, his little cheeks pinch in so tight and his mouth pushes forward. It's like it's too strong for him, but he wants to eat it anyway, lol.

My girl loves fresh sage and mint she also likes thyme but it depends on if she feels like eating it we have a local ethnic market with all the herbs you can think of 8 ounces of a dried herb is 75 cents I get lavender and chamomile and she loves it I also make lavender tea and add it to her water when she is stresses because I read its a natural tranquilizer her very favorite treat though is fresh ginger root I get it at Walmart or Costco

Oh this thread is awesome!
Can anyone post pics of their little herb gardens?
I met a girl today who has the CUTEST herb garden I've ever seen, it's on her porch in an old chest, perfect height for her bunny to hop up and nibble, and she can close the lid when she wants to keep her bun out of it.
It inspired me to start an herb garden for my bunnies. I just transplanted some other greens for them but this is such a cute idea!! We are working on building a 20ft x 20ft "rabbit run" just for the bunnies to run and play and have their own grass and garden without it getting trampled by the geese/chickens LOL

Latest posts

Back