Bunnies is summer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeVerse_au

Reaction score
I'm from Australia, so it's summer over here andmy rabbits are looking terrible... I need some ideas to keep them coolover the summer months. They have a wooden hutch and a big cage. I'veput in froven water, but they don't take to it very well...

Any ideas would be fantastic!

Lisa :D

Yay and welcome Lisa I'm from Oz too , I live in NSW.

Do your bunnies live inside or out?
Our bun lives inside so she has air conditioning to keep cool, we havebeen having weather in the 40's lately and had a huge storm rip througha couple of days ago, I was at work and worried about Bindy all day, Irang our house like 6 times and asked our daughter how she and Bindywere.

I see baby bunny wriggley posted a link for you, it has good ideas for keeping bunny cool.

Maybe freeze a 1.25 ltr drink bottle with water and pop in their hutch for those hot days for them to lie up against.

So nice to have a fellow Aussie here! I mean everyone else here isfantastic don't get me wrong but I was so excited to see anotherAussie. you'll love it here, everyone is so loving and they have beengreat to me helping with all my questions etc, they are a great bunch!!

Have a great Australia Day tomorrow!

Thanks guys, it's nice to be here :D

My bunnies live outside... they have a nice shady hutch atached to acaged run... I'll try the water bottle thing and see how they go withthat...

ooh, and the link was helpful too...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE...

oi oi oi! (had to).

FV

Welcome,large rabbitries mist the roofs to coolthe building, i had a milk jug put a tiny hole in it,fill it withwater,put an old towel underneath, this is sitting on theroof,the wet towel keeps the roof cooler and the milk jug would leakslowly keeping the towel wet all day.bluebird

ya know I didn't think about that when the topics became unstickied...silly me for not thinking of our members world-wide

Elf Mommy wrote:
ya know I didn't think about that when the topics becameunstickied...silly me for not thinking of our members world-wide

I did think about our world-wide members which is why that post was stickied for so long.

I'm going to put it back on top because it's so important a rabbit notoverheat. I should've left it there to begin with, but I was trying totidy up a bit.

-Carolyn

Back