Bunnies in Petshops.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Since I frequently visit Pet Shops, and happen to have my camera with me. :hbunnysmell:

I will post the pictures here.

4lrw2ki.jpg

Hereis a pretty Holland Lop. The cuteness factor saying, " Buy Me! Buy Me!"

6c33lky.jpg

He lives in a rabbit cage that was on the floor at the moment.
At least there was shavings covering the floor with hay sprinkled on top.
A water bottle and a bowl of pellets were at one side of the cage.
This storeonly kept one or two rabbits in a cage.

6azgapk.jpg

Here a different store with a glass enclosure. Five or six rabbits in a tight space.
One water bottle and one bowl of pellets.
The only ventilation is from the top with a light shining down. :(

4u1okz6.jpg

Rainbows! :)

4kx3vib.jpg

Two bunnies in a cage with legsthat stand off the floor.
This display was placed at the entrance of the store, so people would see it, when they come in.

4yp0q3o.jpg

A shy Dutch peeping out from his hiding place.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
What stores are these? The glass on remindes me of petcetera.
I tried not to mention names.

But thisis Petcetera at West Edmonton Mall.

6hekdw0.jpg

53ow4lv.jpg

Hereis theirglass fixtures, and enclosure with the mirror in the back.

4t5u2yh.jpg

How can you resist this face?

Aww! Too cute! I can't let myself go into pet stores with bunnies.. I wouldn't be able to walk away empty handed! :D

That last guy is so cute! Seems like he's saying "Hey good lookin.. what cha up to?"

Too cute!! :biggrin2:

Awww, such cute pictures Stan!! I love them! :biggrin2:

Wow, I am shocked at the glass enclosures, I have never saw any like that before! Pets at Home here has large pens. If I'm there any time soon I get some pictures.

Beautiful pictures but I feel bad for the rabbits, though I especially like the photo of the rabbit and his/her reflection. That face is screaming adopot me!

I'm actually quite surprised that you were able to snap photos. Most stores and their employees freak out if you take photos due to competition, legalities, etc. I would think this would be especially true when dealing with petstores seeing as how most animals are probably kept in improper living conditions.

it really gets to me when bunnies in pet stores are treated so badly. they hardly get enough hay. They also get to many pellets in my area and have no litter boxes:shock:. God bless to all the bunnies that have to suffer.

~Hannah:privateeyes and Roxie :rabbithop

I think I need that loppy and the little cutie staring at himself in the mirror :biggrin2:.

Lionhead's are SO cute. I really want one, so i'm starting to look for one. A sable color for sure! I am also still looking for a Dutch. Last night i had a dream i got one...if only it was true! lol.

poor bunnies in that small cage!:(

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Lionhead's are SO cute. I really want one, so i'm starting to look for one. A sable color for sure! I am also still looking for a Dutch. Last night i had a dream i got one...if only it was true! lol.

I dream every single night that I have an English Lop or a Velveteen Lop :rollseyes.

I wish :grumpy:.

Latest posts

Back