Bunnies Drowned at Ohio Petland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard of this? :X
It's so disturbing, the grin on her twisted face is going to give my nightmares. :cry1:

Here is the link to the story (warning- shows a picture of the accused holding two dead rabbits).

Does this change your view of stores that sell animals?

omg that was disturbing. ugh its things like this that get me so pissed. i hope she and her manager get charged for animal abuse. people are sick!! i dont get how people can do stuff like this i just dont get it.

That is completley heartbreaking and sad. I cannot belive someone would do that! That lady as well as others who work at Petland should go to jail for animal cruelty!

I am so sickened by that fact that she is smiling! Ugh that picture is just so gross and sad, it makes me want to throw up. I hope that no more animals are harmed and that law enforcement and animal services deal with this straight away.

Oh my god.
I hope that the employer in the picture and the manager both go to jail on charges for Animal Cruelty.

I can't believe that! They should not be working at a pet store if that's how they treat animals.

Those poor rabbits. :(

Emily

The Petland store near me gives rabbits away for free with the purchase of a "starter cage/kit".

Personally I don't like the fact that they also sell puppies but that's besides the fact. They are also highly overpriced on their products.

As I pass the store I often feel sorry for the animals that are being sold there :(And after seeing that photo and reading the article I am pissed :pssd:

I seriously don't even know what to say. That is so sick. What kind of person does that??? I seriously don't even know what to say. I will be emailing the founder and chair that PETA posted information for. I hope this guys email and mailbox are full of letters about this. Petland needs to know this is not right and I can promise them I will NEVER shop there again.

The picture is really disturbing. For people who don't want to click on the link and see the picture. Here is the information for the guy you can contact about this:
Ed Kunzelman, Founder and Chair
Frank Difatta, President
Petland USA
250 Riverside St.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
740-775-2464
800-221-5935
740-775-2575 (fax)
[email protected]

I am going to have to cool off before I write my email.

It's very disturbing - I hope that criminal charges are pressed and that this "lady" is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Pam

That's great that you are going to email him, Amy! I'm going to as well. First I need to collect my thoughts. I don't want to sound like some rambling, angry beyond belief, idiot. :rollseyes

I don't have the heart to look at the pictures. I worked at two different pet stores in my life, and thankfully, neither of them treated the animals like that. Some people should just be taken out back and beaten...

this is very disturbing, and i hope that the psycho in the pic and the one that took it are prosecuted to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as changing my view of petstores that sell animals , i still dont like them, and never will

Sent an email also. We definetly need to be respectful and try to be as adult about this as possible although I would love to do nothing more than throttle everyone involved. The only way to get something across though is to be as calm as possible.
I will be sending more emails too. I think it's time pet owners take a stand against these pet stores who perpetuate these sorts of crimes.

I am still so upset by this. I went to try to find if there was anything else I can do. I found the article PETA's website and this one has a pretyped email and all you have to do is put your name and email address in. I thought it may help people who wanted to send something but didn't know what to say. Here is the link
https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2385

WARNING: THIS LINK ALSO CONTAINS THE HORRIBLE PICTURE!!!!!

Thank you for posting that link, Amy. I am too disturbed to write something on my own right now. I sent the form letter, though I may write my own after I calm down a bit.

Although I don't agree with everything PETA does or stands for, I am fully behind them on this issue. They helped to get PetCo to stop selling rabbits, so if they can help end the sale of rabbits at Petland, as well, I'm absolutely with them.

I really hope both employees involved in this are prosecuted. Personally, I wouldn't mind if some sort of bodily harm befell both of them. These are the types that make me hate people.

My email was sent. This was just so sick. They remind me of my bunny, so that really ticked me off. It ticked me off anyway. Why would someone like that even work at a pet store?

Latest posts

Back