Bunitude and thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
This morning as we're getting ready to leave forwork we had a heck of a time convincing our fella Austin that it wastime to go to his "house" (cage). He was mighty comfy in oneof his favorite spots in the living room, under an end table, and madeit very clear to us that he was not ready to go to his cage.The scenario then turned into my partner chasing Austin around thecouch, which was frustrating but pretty funny to watch. If itwasn't for all of his thumping, I would almost say that Austin found itamusing as well! So it was a lot of "chase runchase...THUMP...chase chase...THUMP...THUMP." I think hefinally got so annoyed with US that he gave in and waltzed back to hiscage.

Never a dull moment in a rabbit household.

Jeff

Hehe...such a spunky bunny! I knowwhat you mean...sometimes it's like pullin' teeth trying to get Flowerback into her cage. She'd prefer to live outside itfull-time...but until we get the two girls bonded (which'll be a whilestill), that just cannot happen.

Every time we try to get her to go back home (after being out for fourplus hours), she gives all sorts of honks and grunts and disapprovinglooks that could most certainly kill (don't look straight into hereyes...hehe). It's actually a bit comical for us to see thisnormally-so-laid-back and lovey-dovey bunny trying to be all tough andscary. Reminds me of the Killer Bunny Rabbit from MontyPython! In fact, she actually looks quite a lot like thatbun, too...hehe! We can't help but giggle when she honks andgrunts like that...suddenly she turns into Ms. Rough Em' Tough Em'Girl...and we just can't take her seriously! :)

Bunnies are so funny...:D

Raisins are a good trick for coaxing a bunny back to his cage!

I swear Mr. Tumnus knows when Im watching him and will not go in his cage if I want him to!

Its such fun though having a spunky bunny. Makes life more interesting ;)

Velma is usually pretty good about getting inher cage when Amanda puts her in there, and we get her excited cause wemade cage time her feeding time, but we leave her to run around all daybecause we are usually only gone for a few hours, and if we decide togo out drinking, or to get drunk at home, we put her in her cage first,because chasing our bun is hard enough sober. But she onlythumps when something bothers her. The other day Amandacalled me into the living room to see that our bun was sitting camly onher chest. When I walked in, I accidently kicked the door(the living room is the second bedroom in our aparment) andour bun freaked and ran behind the futon and began thumping.She was very mad I had made such a racket.

The little guy I am adopting's name is Dallas he has a brother who was adopted called Austin.

Latest posts

Back