Bunbuns' NIC Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So this christmas some of you may have heard im making Bunbuns' a 2 floor NIC cage. His current one is a one floor 2 by 2 by 2 cage and im planning on making his new one a 3 by 2 by 2 by one. 3 in the front 3 at the back 2 at the sides. Same for the second floor. 6 on top to cover it up. and 4 inside as the second floor.

(for members living in Toronto, Ontario)
Do the neat idea cubes come in packages of 14 grids?
Where did you get your NIC grids?

Thanks!:biggrin2:

-April and Bunbuns

If you have three at the front, and back, that's 6, then two on each side, thaty's another 4.

Then you have that twice to account for both floors, which is two lots of 10, which obviously makes 20.

Then with the six over the top, that will make 26.

So, if you are getting two lots of 14 grids, you won't be able to have 4 on the second floor, because that will make 30, not 28.

(I had to explain that in basic terms for my benefit not yours).

So you will need at 3 boxes for that design honey.

(Me and April were just talking about this in chat, which is why it sounds a bit random in relation to her post)

Hi April,

You can get them at Walmart, Home Depot and I think I've seen them at Zellars. I honestly can't remember how many come in a package. Just make sure (if you can) that you don't get the vinyl covered ones, Daisy Mae & Vega chew the vinyl off.

Susan:)

I buy the Organize-it grids.
They come in boxes of 23 grids with 24 connectors.

...., but I'm in the US of A

I don't use them for the flooring. I've got plastic floor mats and set the gids on them.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi JimD what kind of plastic floor mats? Curious minds want to know.:?

Susan:)

They're the plastic floor mats that are used in offices....for your chair, so it doesn't wear out the carpet.
They're a little bigger than 4' x4', and are big enough to build a 3 grid x 3 grid NIC condo.They're really easy to keep clean, too.

They're textured, but still a bit slippery for the buns.....so there's a lot of scribble-scrabbling that goes on at times.

.... here's a pic of the buns's room.
Benji is in the setup to the left of the post.
He's got his cage (about 2' x 3')
.... attached to a 3 x 2 x 2NIC addition
.... that has a 2 grid "loft"
As you can see, the mat is plenty big enough.
IMG_2060.jpg

Canadian Tire has 4 cube sets with 16 panels and 20 connectors in a box. It is $20. That is the best deal I have seenwhen they are not on sale. Lots of places have 13 or 14 in a box for the same price. If you can wait, then look for sales. I have seen 1/2 price and I buy 3 or 4 boxes.

spoh wrote:
Where do you get them?

The floor mats, I got from my wifes company.
The plant is closing down and she asked if she could have some.
I think I got 12....for free.
Most office supply/furniture places sell them for $40 - $50....cheaper if they're used.

The NIC grids I get at Target.

Back