BunBun and Lucky are missing-BOTH FOUND!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Guys, I just need some support here from friends, I'm in a huge panic. Went outside to feed BunBun and Lucky this morning and bring them in for a cuddle...they had been having some issues with bonding and I had divided to hutch into two sides so they could still see and sniff but not touch, wanted to bring them in for bonding time...and they are gone :(. No sign whatsoever of any way to escape, and tarp has been rolled and folded over the hutch is the only sign I can see of anything being touched, so I presume some horrible person has stolen them :(. I didn't hear a thing and their hutch is right outside my bedroom window.

I've been hunting all around my yard and everything just going to get dressed and go look for them and door knock.

Who would do something like this to me :(, I love those guys so much, I'm freaking out, we have major busy traffic here and Lucky hates to be held and will struggle powerfully away from a stranger. What if they drop her and she runs out onto the road?

Our gates were locked as usual and they are pool gates and fencing so hard to climb over so whoever it was was really detirmined :( and coudln't have done it alone.

All I can think of is myself not deserving to live if something happens to them :(, if something has I don't think I can handle coming back here. I should have had them insdie, screw my boyfriend not wanting them in here :(

Please just pray for my babies and hope they are ok and wish me all the luck in the world to find them please

Omg, Michelle, that is awful!:tears2:I'm praying so hard you find your babies safe and sound. I'd go searching everywhere you can think of today, knock on doors, ask neighbours, postup posters, ring rescues and pet shops (you never know!)- try everything you can think of. I really reallyhope you can find them again.

What sick person would do this?:(

I am so very sorry about your bunnies... I am praying for their safe return... good luck.. i really hope that you find them.. I don't know what i would do iuf something like that happened to my bunnies...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, I am so scared for you. This sucks. I can't believe someone would do this, I just can't:bigtears:. I am praying for you that you find them somehow, safe and sound. You've called the authorities? I'd be knocking on every door too.

I don't know what else to say-this isn't fair!:X

:pray::pray:

I had that happen with Cloverbunny when I first got her. The very first day she disappeared and I YELLED at my hubby for it! I knew he had set her free!

She was hiding behind my desk - she had squeezed herself through the slat on the cat carrier.

Check for any give to the hutch. They could very well have gotten out a small opening.

Oh, and I am so sorry this is happening - I hope you find them quickly!

Oh no!

Michelle, dont blame yourself. This is not your fault.

This couldnt have been your brother could it? I remember you saying your relationship was strained..

First, look behind/around their cage and behind anything in the yard in case they are hiding. Look for any holes or anywhere they could hide. Then Id start searching the neighborhood and knocking door to door. Maybe print out some Lost fliers and hang them around the neighboorhood, at your local vets, pet store etc.

Id also check animal control or whatever sort of shelters you have over there, check pet stores, rescues, vets offices etc.

Let us know if we can help in any way. Im praying so hard this is just a joke or something. We all cant handle any more heartbreak.

That's absolutly awful! :cry2

What kind of person would do that? That's just awful though. You as well as the safe return of Bunbun and Lucky will be in my prayers.

This breaks my heart, you poor thing! If they were stolen and even though the persons that stole them are skum, i would still offer a reward for their safe return.

oh no! i hope they return or you find them safe and sound! :)
quite a long time ago a neighbor stole my domino, but then again they didnt like us that was cruel.

When I was young, I had a white rabbit and he was a few months old when he got loose. He was gone so long that my parents went out and bought me another rabbit 'cause I cried myself to sleep all the time. I want to say that he was gone at least two weeks.

One day my dad stopped at a gas station across a major road to get gas and they said, "Don't you have a white rabbit?" and they had the rabbit trapped in an old car out back and they were feeding it every day...

My point? Rabbits CAN get loose and be gone for a while and still survive and be reunited with their owners..

Peg

Oh no...I hope to hear that they got scared, dug a hole, and are just waiting until they feel safe again to come back out...

I can't imagine another thing like this happening to you.....oh please.....

:pray: :pleaseplease: :hug:

OMG!!!! What a horrible thing to happen to anyone!!!:bigtears: Have you tried calling the local police shation, also try your local shelter, some one might have found them and brought them in.

Hmmmmm..... post up some missing signs!!

I hope every thing turns out all right!!!

-TK :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

(((((((((((((((((((((Michelle))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I so hope that somehow, someway, you get them back. Can you go around from door to door in your neighborhood and see if someone heard or saw something??? I can only imagine your pain :(I'm so sorry. I'm still hoping you can find them!

Hi no sign of them yet at all. Been door knocking and I hung around on the corner asking all the kids on their way to school if they had seen or heard anything. It's been raining for ages and I'm freezing and soaked, I hope my babies are warm and dry somewhere :(

My brother moved out some time ago, we have had a good relationship since then, I will question him anyway, I need his help to find them if he isn't working today.

I have been all through my yard under bushes over and over again, the neighbours on both sides kindly let me into their yards several times. I left a banana and some oats in a wooden box tipped on it's side in the hopes that if they are running around, they will sniff it out but no sign any of it's been touched except for the sparrows hanging around :(

Thank you so much for the support I really need it, no one seems to care here and they all think I am nuts and the buns are better off 'free'. I called my mum and she told me to just go get another rabbit to replace them from the petstore :(

All i can think of is some kids have them and are torturing them :(, I am thinking to go to the local school and ask the teachers to keep an ear out and get them to ask parents too.

I can't stop blaming myself and I'm crying so much I'm losing my voice. I am going to go now and hand write some notes for mailboxes because my printer isn't going. Also will put up ads on all the local lost pet websites.

oh my god how horrible for you, i know the despaire and hear break you can feel when a pet is missing. First dont what if your self to death, i did that and it doesnot help what so ever.

second- get in "i am going to find them" mode, put up signs, go to local pet stores and post signs, local spca and post signs, local vets and put up signs and pass out fliers to all neighbors around you that the rabbit could have gotten to by way of your yard.

i will be praying that they are sitting somewhere laughing at you wondering why you are running around like a lunatic looking for them while they are sitting under something looking at you,lol.

A few years ago my dog ran out of our yard in the middle of the night one night. I got up at the crack of dawn and scowered the neighbor hood, crying and what if'ing myself, making my self worse. That first after noon i printed up a flyer and had 300 copies made and in a few short hours i had covered the neighborhood with them. i went to all the local shelters, called local vets. By the grace of god, my sister came over that night and took a flier to post at where she works, i figured it was a long shot because it was far away. The woman who found my dog lived about 7 blocks from me, but by chance her father was int he supper market and seen the flyer :shock:. She called me, and by this time i had had several phone calls that didnt pan out, and i decided to drive to her work, she kept telling me that i could come to her house, but i could not wait i needed toknow. walked into her work(she worked at a vets office) and they brought the dog out, my heart was in my throat, i was sweating and was ready to cry. She came aroundt he corner with the dog and i bawled, the receptionist started crying, and someone else that was there started crying THERE WAS MY BABY. luckily she said that she was going to keep her if she couldnt find the owner, which the receptionist said that was a shocker because she didnt want antoher dog, but she fell for my Buzz. sorry to go off here but keep up the faith and hope that you will find them.

Crap...I hate hearing of such things happening...the pain and fear for the owner is always so hard.

When I was in my early 20's my rabbit Thumper had been taken from her cage in my dad's backyard. I was in a panic, no clue to even know how to search for her. She was gone for about a week when, in final desperation, I called the radio station and asked them to announce that a rabbit was missing, and to give her description. I left my phone number with the station and within an hour, an anonymous caller contacted them, saying he'd seen some pre-teen boys (kids who lived in the same apt complex as him) toting a large brown rabbit around for the past few days. Knowing the boys' reputation, and hearing the announcement, he called. My boyfriend and I went to the address he'd given - roughly 10 blocks away from my dad's house - and sure enough, there was Thumper. I was convinced she was gone for good until that moment.

(((Michelle)))...may you find BunBun and Lucky and have them come back home safely. I related my story so you will know not to give up. Exhaust every avenue you have to find them...contact all vet clinics, shelters, call the radio station(s), put up posters. Someone, somewhere, may very well have seen something...or might run across the bunnies themselves and may have taken them in for their safety.

I'll say a prayer for their immediate and safe return...oh, and one more thing: visualize them back with you, safe in your arms. Visualization can be a very powerful tool, so I will do that as well...I'll picture them both back with you.

Angel and bunny hugs to you...:hug2:

Oh geez, Sweetie...I wish I were closer to you...I would be right out there helping you, even if you were an hour or two's drive from me. :(

I wish people were more supportive...and less "just go get another" about things like this. People just don't understand...:(

I hope they return sometime soon...

And, Hun...don't blame yourself...YOU are not the one to blame for this...it's whoever screwed with things enough to do this in the first place. :grumpy:

You have all my love and support.

Rosie*

Oh no Michelle,how devestated you must be feeling right now

Poor Lucky and BunBun :(

I'm praying that you will find them

cheryl

Just a thought- is your boyfriend home? could he have taken them somewhere, like the vet?

Im praying they are returned to you safe and sound. Dont give up, hun.

Latest posts

Back