bun still has urine with occassional white patches? is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippie

Reaction score
hi

about a month ago i noticed that my bunny's urine was becoming quite chalky and creamy-this occurred after a change in diet. i have since put him on oxbow pellets which contain no alfalfa but he still occasionally has a bit of white in his urine. is this normal? the urine is not creamy-there are small parts of it that dry white. thanks!

I've had that with my buns and I never have had a huge issue ammount out of it. I think its just excess calcium, which idealing you wouldn't have, but I don't think its anything to wory too much about.

Urine drying white is normal excretion of calcium; creamy urine is not normal and is often the beginning of sludge ; it sounds like you did OK to change to timothy pellets, also decrease high calcium vegetables and increase fluid intake.

I put aSMALL amount of apple juice in 2 of my rabbit's water bowls as they had poor water intake... now they drink the entire bowl and have less issues with their urine.

Latest posts

Back