Bun Spacing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
How much space do you allow for Mini Rex and Californian (or other approximately-sized) buns?

DH and I are seeking alternative flooring options (to give our bun crew more traction than their laminate flooring allows). In order to do so, though, we'll likely need to reduce their current x-pen space a bit.

Jenk

JadeIcing wrote:
To me it all depends on how much out time the rabbit gets. A must is enough to stretch out fully, take 3 hops, and stand up.

Ahhh...Then my suspicion that our crew is royally spoiled in terms of space is true. The girls share a room (split down the middle with a divider); both have an approximately 5' x 8' space.

Our Cali boy has nearly an entire room (penned off) to himself; so he has 10' x 5'.

I suspect that if/when we finally land upon a relatively safe form of traction that we can keep in their penned areas, we'll cut down on their space a tad.

Jenk

JadeIcing wrote:
Did you see my thread in the cage section? Has some of the cages I have used over time and currently.

Are you talking about Cages Only 2007 (under the Cages Through the Ages section)? If not, please specify the thread that I'm overlooking. :p

Thanks,

Jenk

Jade,

I've looked at some of your designs and will have some specific material-related questions, which I'll post within your thread.

Jenk

I am in the proses of building some really nice wooden indoor cages.

one is 3ft x 2ft which is for Smudge my Netherland dwarf
and one is 4ft x 2ft which is going to be for my mix breed who be around 5 pounds or so.

i dont know if this helps or not but there you go.

Latest posts

Back