Bun Spacing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
How much space do you allow for Mini Rex and Californian (or other approximately-sized) buns?

DH and I are seeking alternative flooring options (to give our bun crew more traction than their laminate flooring allows). In order to do so, though, we'll likely need to reduce their current x-pen space a bit.

Jenk

To me it all depends on how much out time the rabbit gets. A must is enough to stretch out fully, take 3 hops, and stand up.

JadeIcing wrote:
To me it all depends on how much out time the rabbit gets. A must is enough to stretch out fully, take 3 hops, and stand up.

Ahhh...Then my suspicion that our crew is royally spoiled in terms of space is true. The girls share a room (split down the middle with a divider); both have an approximately 5' x 8' space.

Our Cali boy has nearly an entire room (penned off) to himself; so he has 10' x 5'.

I suspect that if/when we finally land upon a relatively safe form of traction that we can keep in their penned areas, we'll cut down on their space a tad.

Jenk

Did you see my thread in the cage section? Has some of the cages I have used over time and currently.

JadeIcing wrote:
Did you see my thread in the cage section? Has some of the cages I have used over time and currently.

Are you talking about Cages Only 2007 (under the Cages Through the Ages section)? If not, please specify the thread that I'm overlooking. :p

Thanks,

Jenk

I have my own thread tiltled Zoo Crew Cages Through The Ages.

JadeIcing wrote:

Ahhh...I'm going to check it out right now. Thanks!

No problem. I have had so many and will be changing again soon.

Jenk wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

Ahhh...I'm going to check it out right now. Thanks!

Demismith wrote:
I'm from the UK, and my rabbits are in 5ftx2ftx2ft cages, and I feel this still isn't big enough for them.

Is that inside or out? Also how much out time do they get?

Jade,

I've looked at some of your designs and will have some specific material-related questions, which I'll post within your thread.

Jenk

I am in the proses of building some really nice wooden indoor cages.

one is 3ft x 2ft which is for Smudge my Netherland dwarf
and one is 4ft x 2ft which is going to be for my mix breed who be around 5 pounds or so.

i dont know if this helps or not but there you go.

Jenk wrote:
Jade,

I've looked at some of your designs and will have some specific material-related questions, which I'll post within your thread.

Jenk
:)Will be waiting.

Thanks. :D I am headed towards certain things for our guys. To make it easier for a LOT of things.

Latest posts

Back