Bun lunges

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
Whenever I reach my hand to organize, pour pellets, or insert hay, Ash lunges at my arm/hand. Sometimes, he usually bites my flesh (Which is quite painful). I really don't understand why...I mean, he usually implores be to pet him, but I guess his may be just defending his territory?
Any others experiencing the same situations? Anybody know what might help?

Is it a cage this takes place?
If so, I'd say yes, defending territory. Allow him to make his way out and then go about your doings.

And if not fixed, get er done, it may help

Is he fixed? That could be the problem. Intact bunnies usually are more territorial.

Is it a cage this takes place?
If so, I'd say yes, defending territory. Allow him to make his way out and then go about your doings.

And if not fixed, get er done, it may help

Yes, it's in his cage. But when I mess abut with his belongings (when he is gone), he quickly runs up to me, lunging at my arm. He also makes a growling squeak when he does it.

As you probably gathered from the question everyone asked... being territorial is quite normal for an intact rabbit. I wouldn't wait too long before having him neutered because the longer he does it, the harder it will be for him to stop it (old habits die hard, after all). If he gets neutered soon enough, chances are the 'unwanted' behavior will have disappeared by the time he wake up from the anesthesia (at least, for mine, the hormonal behavior was always gone on the day of the spay / neuter which was a big relief everytime ^^).

I agree with getting him neutered. In the meantime, I'd place him in the bathroom to do the cage :-/

As you probably gathered from the question everyone asked... being territorial is quite normal for an intact rabbit. I wouldn't wait too long before having him neutered because the longer he does it, the harder it will be for him to stop it (old habits die hard, after all). If he gets neutered soon enough, chances are the 'unwanted' behavior will have disappeared by the time he wake up from the anesthesia (at least, for mine, the hormonal behavior was always gone on the day of the spay / neuter which was a big relief everytime ^^).

Thanks! I will try my best to find a suitable Rabbit place for him to be neutered. I appreciate the information! :)

Latest posts

Back