Bun is overly affectionate?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njbunny

Reaction score
My new bun is super sweet and will come right over and sit for pets for what seems forever (doesn't matter if he knows you or not). I don't know how long he would actually sit as I usually stop eventually because my hand gets tired. He does soft teeth chattering so he seems to be really enjoying it. Do any of you have this with your bun? I am wondering if he is really old because of how long he will sit and how he doesn't seem to care who is petting him. Or maybe this is normal? He is not super active. He hops around checking everything out but not running around like crazy. I have not seen a binky yet, but I know everything is new and he is still getting used to the house. He hopped right up to my cat like he knew him for years and my dog whining/barking in the next room did not phase him one bit. He just seems to be too relaxed....I got him yesterday.

Sorry, this is all new to me and I just figured it would be harder to introduce him to the house/family!

My new bun is super sweet and will come right over and sit for pets for what seems forever (doesn't matter if he knows you or not). I don't know how long he would actually sit as I usually stop eventually because my hand gets tired. He does soft teeth chattering so he seems to be really enjoying it. Do any of you have this with your bun? I am wondering if he is really old because of how long he will sit and how he doesn't seem to care who is petting him. Or maybe this is normal? He is not super active. He hops around checking everything out but not running around like crazy. I have not seen a binky yet, but I know everything is new and he is still getting used to the house. He hopped right up to my cat like he knew him for years and my dog whining/barking in the next room did not phase him one bit. He just seems to be too relaxed....I got him yesterday.

Sorry, this is all new to me and I just figured it would be harder to introduce him to the house/family!

Sounds like you found yourself a keeper :) I have nothing to add to this except I hope he is that happy and comfy in your house forever!! Keep up the pets and love :)

Oh yes, he is not going anywhere! I was just curious and thought maybe he was a much older rabbit because of his temperament. Even if he is 10, he will have a loving home here until his time is done. I am baffled why anyone would have given him to a shelter. He is absolutely perfect! I am so thankful the rescue got him before he was PTS.

It's just a personality trait, though age could have something to do with it too. Some rabbits are really easy going and love cuddles. But this isn't as common as you might think with rabbits, so enjoy it! Not many of us luck out and end up with a cuddly bun :) As he settles in to his new home, he may become more active. Rabbits will often be a little subdued while they are getting accustomed to their new place and new people, but once they get used to it, watch out for trouble :)

Last edited:
Oh yes, he is not going anywhere! I was just curious and thought maybe he was a much older rabbit because of his temperament. Even if he is 10, he will have a loving home here until his time is done. I am baffled why anyone would have given him to a shelter. He is absolutely perfect! I am so thankful the rescue got him before he was PTS.

Having volunteered at two humane societies in the San Francisco Bay Area, I can tell you that people give up their faithful, elderly animal companions much more often than any of us here would want to believe. :( "Oh, I was afraid he would get sick and die and I couldn't take it." Yep. That was one story. Others were more sympathetic: owners who had lost jobs or whose homes had been foreclosed on (this was before all the info came out about fraudulent documents perpetrated by the two largest banks...). These people were devastated by losing their pets; they only hoped the animals would find shelter and food at these two no-kill humane societies. :( :(

So I can believe that an older rabbit was given up, maybe to a rescue, maybe to a humane society. And I'm glad that he found a GOOD HOME! :D

Latest posts

Back