Bun Empties Litterbox - Help Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunman

Reaction score
I want to get Flops trained but shejust digs all the litter out of the box without using it, &either pees at random or holds it til she's back in the cage...what todo? She is about 9 mos. old & probably was kept in litterwithout a box before i got her in Dec.

In the cage she always goes in her bathroom spot, which is an opening in the wood floor with a box beneath the cage.

Amber did that alot before she was spayed. Thebehavior even stayed for awhile longer, but eventually subsided.Alternatively, you could design a litter box that doesn't allow her todig out the litter. Here is a great one designed by our very ownPet_Bunny (hope you don't mind Pet_Bunny!)

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9548&forum_id=1&page=4
(it's halfway down the page)

I need an online source.. searching a bit onlineturned up only very expensive industrial mesh & very smallhobby sizes. No hobby shops near here.

Flops just used the box, first time! I used aMarshall Lock-On box which is stable. Daisy had just used it earlier,so when it was Flop's turn inthe run i think she wanted to assert herterritoriality!

Bunman wrote:
I want to get Flops trained but she just digs allthe litter out of the box without using it

Isn't that what the stuff is for, to dig out?:D

ed

Pet_Bunny's litter tray looks really good. Might try to make something like it. :)

~ Anneliese

Here's a link to a post I made a long time ago...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2322&forum_id=1&jump_to=173644

scroll to the bottom because I just updated the link and put in a picthat will show up. This litter box worked extremely well for me, and itwas heavy enough my bun couldn't pick it up and throw it around. Ieventually stopped using a litter box though because I could never gethim fully potty trained.

Megan

another thing that works is to drill a hole ortwo in the litterbox and attach it to the side of the cage with cableties.. in my opinion thats easier.

That prevents them from flipping it over (which some bunnies do), but not from digging the litter material out.

FlopsnWills wrote:
another thing thatworks is to drill a hole or two in the litterbox and attach it to theside of the cage with cable ties.. in my opinion thats easier.

bunnydude wrote:
Here is a great one designed by our very own Pet_Bunny (hopeyou don't mind Pet_Bunny!)
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9548&forum_id=1&page=4
(it's halfway down the page)
Don't mind atall.Gladyou could share it with others.:D

Here is another idea... I cut the sidesof an old plastic pail to use as a litterbox, because Pebbles kept chewing on the cardboardbox. I kept the sides high enough so she wouldn'tpee over the edge. You can see the two litter boxside by side.

jv407b.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Back