Building a new hutch for 2 rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleEskimo

Reaction score
Hello, I currently only have the one rabbit right now and I was considering adopting her a friend.

Our neighbour is an oldcarpenter and he was nice enough tomake our current rabbit hutch for a bargain price :D

But I havea feeling that the current hutch is too small to house 2 rabbits

So, what kind of measurementswill I need to house 2 rabbits comfortably. Im planning on making it a two-tier house as well. Ive been trying to make up little sketches to give to our neighbourbut I haven't had much luck with it all :/ would anyone be lovely enough to give me some tips/own sketches?

Thankyoou :)

hey there...not sure the size you would need for 2 buns but there is a site on here about cages that you can look at. This is how I got my idea of my cage that I built. There are some pretty good ideas that you can go by...however there isn't much that show hutchs though if you are looking for something like that. Sorry I couldn't be much help as far as a diffent measurement on a cage/hutch. Hopethis somewhat helps though.

RSPCA states that hutches ought to be at least 5 foot long, 2 wide, 2 high.

Considering that there will be bonding down time, where the buns won't be living together...
Why not do 2 hutches on top of eachother, with a side "elevator/ramp" that can connect the two hutches one day? That way, both buns will have an appropriate living space, regardless of whether or not they can live together (without losing more horizontal space)

^ that is essentially what I have done at my place :)

Hey yeah that's a good idea :) I have actually seen one that allows you to do that on the internet and it looks amazing but its too expensive for me :( so i might try to copy their design :p

Latest posts

Back