Building a cage!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover134

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to build a rabbit cage?what materials do I need? how and where do i start? I think it might becheaper to build then to buy but im clueless on how. im a 19 yr oldgirl so im not exactly handy with a peice of wood and nails so i needall the help i can get! thanks!!!

I don't know how helpful I can be, because the only cages I have made have been in sets of 8, lol. But here it what I did.

Whole cage except for the top is built out of 1/2in wire. Top is tin,with side that are connected with rings, that allow for sides to eitherbe put down for bad weather, or up for nice weather. This is welded tothe cage wire. We then used metal stakes to get them up off the ground,and to help support the cage.

LOL, as I said, probably not that helpful. But the wire can be bought at Home Depot for $16 for 25ft. ;)

~Nichole

do i need wood? ok so i know i need wire to holdthings together. rt? or am i still clueless? i think so....is thereanyway SAFE way for them, if i just make it out of wood, nails, and ahammer? or will that not work? lol

Oh yes, I guess I should have asked if it was aninside or outside hutch, lol. If it's inside, I would stick with theidea mambo mentioned.

I wouldn't usewood as it is harder to clean, and the urinesmell tends to stay on it. You can attach wire using J-clips.

~Nichole

yea its inside. im printing out the page mambosaid. i'll read that over and hope that will help but if anyone elsehas any ideas then PLEASE tell me.

Latest posts

Back