Bugz, Beau, Bender, and Scotch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures of all your Bunnies, I just looked at all of them on your Flicker account.

My goodness too much cuteness in one place.

Susan:apollo:

I HAVE A BO! I was going to spell it Beau but he's named after Bo Duke (my son's name is Luke lol)

Sugar beet is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

We named Beau when we thought she was a he, but we didn't wanna change it. My sister named SugarBeet, she said it's a Michigan name for a Michigan bunny. Sammy just looked like a Sammy, it's the first name that came to mind when I first saw him.

OMG photo 171 - Sugar Beet - That is such a great picture! She's so pretty and seems to be pondering what her human has and why it's got a bright light..... and then it gets annoying in the next photos! LOL! She has such a pretty head!

We've always wanted a red eyed white bunny. Does he weave or scan? Is he good natured?

I think #040 is the best butt shot I've ever seen! LOL! Look at those thighs!!!

Thanks for the comments. Weave or scan? I have never heard that before. Yes he is very good natured, but he can be bull headed too. When he wants something he wants it now.

You know, Heidi is my Palomino baby and I already see that bull-headed stuff starting. I think it's more a lack of patience?

Weaving/Scanning - red eyed rabbits have a hard time seeing - or see in a different way. With that, I know they will sort of sway or move their head to scan things to get a good view.

I'm sure there are more qualified people to explain it..... and I actually read a paper by a person with total albinism - red/violet eyes and all - and she explained how they don't see details - more of a total picture.... it's really strange.

Then yes he does scan, especially if he's far away or in the top floor of his house. Haven't seen him weave though. Heidi is such a cutie.

weaving is the same sort of ..... just rocking back and forth to see. Some call weaving like pacing - back and forth at the cage door.... but scanning is what it all is.

I've never seen a bunny scan. I think it would be interesting to watch them do that stuff.

He's so cute!

I have been asked to give a back story for some of the members who don't know me or my bunnies, so I will do my best.

We have had cats and dogs since my husband and I have been togather, and had never even thought about having a bunny as a pet, until August of 05.
We went to the State fair that year and were going through the animal exibits then we came to all the bunnies in theire little cages. I couldn't help but fall inlove. We talked to a breeder of Flemish Giants, she showed us a certain bunny and was telling us about his awards and what he'd won, which we really didn't care about, we had no interest in showing or breeding, we just wanted a house bunny.
So we told her we would think about it and let her know later that day. As we weren't planning on buying any animal we weren't prepared, and didn't have anything to take him home in. So we went and talked to her and set up a meeting later that week to pick him up. During the mean time I searched the net for any information I could on Rabbits, which is when I found R.O. It's really been a great help to us. Being bunny parents for the first time, I was worried I would do something wrong, or anything could happen, you know how it is. So I was prepared when the time came to pick him up, it was hot outside so I took a 2 liter bottle of water and froze it the night before so he wouldn't get hot, on the hour long drive home. We had set up his cage two days before ( I was excited) so it was ready to go, when we got him home. The boys fell inlove the minute they saw him, next we had to come up with a name his pedigree had his name as Wildwood Klondike, we weren't to crazy about that name so we named him Bugz. He was part of the family from day one.
Then came Bender in December of 05, I consider him a rescue, He was a pet shop bunny who was bought on a whim, and not properly taken care of. My step daughter was the girl's friend, she went to spend the night one night, and called the next day. She wanted to know if I wanted another bunny. I asked her why. She told me this story. The girl let the bunny run loose in her room, and was tearing stuff up, and had bitten a baby, so they were gonna eat him, if we didn't take him in, so I said yes. Bender came home that day, and has seemed to like it here ever since. He's still shy and keeps to him self but I think it's how he was treated when he was a baby.
Then came Beau and Snuggs in 06 I don't remember exactly what month, we got them at a pet shop, yes I know pet shops are bad, but I wasn't looking for bunnies, I was shopping for toys for Bugz and Bender. Well anyway we came home with toys and hey and two more bunnies, I noticed Snuggs wasn't acting right so I took him out loved on him, offered some hey and food, nothin, while Beau ate everything offered. The next morning Snuggs died. I called the pet store and they offered another bunny, so we went and got Scotch. Who lived happily togather for awhile till Scoth got agressive towards Beau who we were told was a boy, turned out to be a girl. We seperated them then. They were living side by side ( seperate cages). So they could still see each other they would kind of play a game I called bunny tag, back and forth in theire cages. It was funny to watch.
Sammy came a couple of months later, in 06. Another pet shop bunny, Sammy is a grunter and loves to play. He runs around like a mad man. Binkies like you wouldn't believe.
Sugar Beet Aug of 06 was a late birthday present from my sister, She has her own personality, She has a tooth problem, and I have to trim her upper teeth, she hates it. She is deffinatly a hand full.

Theres all the good stuff, I can't go in to all the sad bunny losses we have gone through yet. We lost Bugz on the 11th , just shy of his 3rd birthday, so it brings up all the sadness of the others too.
I hope this helps the new members and some of the old who don't know or don't remember us.
Thanks, Heather

I just wanted to add the new buns to this blog, to kind of bring the bunny family together. Maybe I should have done it this way in the beginning. I'm going to start with My Bridge Bunnies.

This is Bugz, the bun who stole my heart and never gave it back.
426676774_a84ad74a8c.jpg

This is Scotch he was a kissy face all the way, loved getting them and giving them.
771828883_c62ed5277c.jpg

This was Scotch's and Beau's babies who didn't make it. (Accidental)
969707444_02ed3bfeea.jpg

Now for all the others

This is Bender, I consider him a Rescue

780686172_c01c37c9b5.jpg

Beau, she's got an attitude, as big as she is, but I love her anyway.
780666736_7b614697ac.jpg

Sammy is a sweetheart, very inquisitive, this is his first day here.
1368756056_5ee8400d58.jpg

This is Sugarbeet, she was a birthday gift from my sister.
1368810520_33570f20dd.jpg

This is Luca new to the family but fitting in nicely, she's a sweet little girl.
2808490177_f9da8140e8.jpg

This is Jakey, very independent, he'll give kisses, but would rather run around.
2810006724_0c1c62dafd.jpg

This is Bella, she will nip you if you don't give her attention. She is a very loving girl.
2811429272_37c6652d62.jpg

Heather

Latest posts

Back