bugs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Reaction score
i have a question. last night i was falling asleep and rusty just comes out of his cardboard box and stomps. so i look around and i dont see anything and i dont hear anything outside my door so i go back to bed. 30 seconds later he stomps again. so i ignore it cuz sometimes he does that on my bed when he wants a certain spot. ive kicked him off by accident a couple of times so now he stomps before he jumps up on the bed or stomps on the bed. anyways i ignore the second stomp cuz i thought he was going to jump up on the bed. then he stomps again so i turn the light on and hes facing a corner in my room where all my dirty laundry goes. i look for spiders or whatever thinking he got scared. then he crawls slowly to that corner of the room with his eyes wide open. when he finally crawls close enough to the pile of dirty clothes he digs on it and then goes back to his cardboard box. is he scared of bugs or something? or maybe fears dirty laundry lol. it was so weird. and i could hear him breathing hard when he thumped.

has any of your rabbits done that? could they be scared of shadows or something?

It's possible he saw, or smelt something that made him jump. Was there anything on the clothes that he possibly wasn't used to? Maybe a predator animal smell or something? Or maybe even another rabbit he is not used to.

On of my buns will stamp and run away from my clothes or anyones clothes if he can smell dog on them.

Also, is it a possibility that he might have seen a mouse? Or somehow made himself jump?

Rabbits are funny creatures, and don't forget that their sense, particularly smell are a lot stronger than ours so he might have smelt something that bothered him.

i dont know any other rabbits and he knows my best friends smell. she has two dogs and three cats but hes never done it before when i brought my clothes home. i know for sure i dont have mice in my room so i dont think its that.

can they scare themselves just with shadows? cuz when i turned the light on he crawled to my clothes so i checked all my clothes and there werent any spiders or ants or anything.

Back