Bug Spray?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any bug sprays that are safeto use on rabbits? My poor boys always have bugs on their ears likeflies, mosquitos, etc. and you can tell it annoys them. :(Notto mention with the WNV in Alberta I really want to prevent that whenthey are in their runs.

Laura,

A friend of mine is a wildlife biologist and he advises against usingbug sprays around rabbits. For flies, he recommends fly strips; as toyour mosquito question, back in the pages, Pamnock gave excellentadvice about how to deal with mosquitos. I believe the post title hasMosquitos in it.

I'd look through our own archives.

-Carolyn

Really? :shock:I must have missed that post because I don't remember seeing it at any time! lol.

:)Thanks for the information, I know they have fly spray forhorses and was thinking that perhaps there was something for rabbits.

Yup, Laura.

The mosquito information is within these pages, and the wildlifebiologist tells me he wouldn't trust any kind of bug sprayaround rabbits. I trust him wholeheartedly and wouldn't take thechance.

You can spray borac acid diluted with water around their cages, insideof them and at the base of them if you have ants, but as for bugs, gowith a lot of fly tape strips around their cage and vanilla intheir water, in addition to what the Doc says in the mosquito post.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back