Buddy baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first bunny so im new to alot and still learning. My buddy loves to eat he loves his greens. How can i be sure he. dont eat to much.

Also, does he have mushy poop at all or are they all the normal round poops? And how much veggies is he getting currently and about how big is he?

He is just a 1yr. He has his hay. Little carrot / banana. Broccoli . Romaine lettuce. Spinach leaves .

A good grass hay should be the bulk of the diet. How much veggies you feed depends on if you feed pellets and how much, and also how well your rabbit tolerates veggies and if it causes any digestive problems. Typically when a rabbit is on an unlimited hay/limited pellet diet the veggie amount can range from 1-3 cups per 5 lb of body weight/per day, with the greatest portion being a variety of dark leafy greens. How much you decide to feed exactly, is just personal preference, and will also depend on how well your rabbits digestive system deals with the veggies. If your rabbit starts producing mushy poop or excess cecals, you may have to reduce the amount or eliminate a particular veggie that may be causing problems. Like with introducing any new food to rabbits, it's always best done gradually starting with one item in small portions, and only increasing if it doesn't cause digestive upset.
http://www.lagomorphs.com/salad.pdf

Thank you so much for your info. I will make sure his diet is his grass hay / pellets and his veggies and fruit is added making sure he has a balanced amount, he has been eating well but i need to give him more grass hay , nice to have someone to respond with good input love this site. Thank you.

Bear in mind that greens and fruits fall into two different categories. The greens are what Jbun is referring to with the 1-3 cups per 5 lbs of body weight.
Fruits are completely treats since they are so high in sugar. Fruits should be severely limited. A 1" slice of banana, for example, would be the maximum amount of fruit on any given day. Since carrots are high in sugar too, they should be viewed as a treat.
So greens/veggies are one category and fruits/carrot are the occasional treat.

OK I will watch that carefully. Ive only had him a couple weeks so im learning alot everyday. He is a holland lop and is adorable. He already kisses me everyday. Its nice t
o have someone to talk to a simple mistake could be dangerous to him. Thanks again 😊

Latest posts

Back