Brush Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaGirl

Reaction score
What kind of brush do you guys for your bun? I'm having a hard time finding a brush or comb at the pet stores that I can get Lola's fur brushed out when it starts getting matted. Het underneath keeps wanting to get matted and I have to stay on top of it but can't seem to find the right thing.

I have the Furminator, which does a pretty good job and gets a lot of loose hair out. However, it is a tedious process. At least for me, with buns that don't like to be brushed. I think over using this can cause bald patches, too!

I've tried the cat slicker-brush, with plastic tips, but that didn't do anything for my bunnies at all. Also tried the soft bristled kind that looks like a baby hairbrush, no luck on that. It just matted up with hair in the first couple swipes and was hard to clean out.

I just (yesterday) got a Zoom Groom. I didn't think it would work at all, but some people swear by it, so I gave it a shot, and it is like magic! Two of my 3 buns have shorter fur, and none of them like to be brushed. This thing picks up a fair amount of fur in just a few swipes. If you can get Lola to sit still for a brushing, I think it would work quite well.

I got mine at Petsmart, but it should be carried by any pet store that sells Kong products. (It's made by Kong.) If you're unsure if it will work, get it somewhere that has a good return policy, then you can clean it and take it back if it doesn't work for you.

We use the zoom groom for our cats. It's extremely popular.

Furminator (the cat kind) works really well. I groomed my Lionhead, Marlin, with it and almost had enough to create a whole other Lionhead :p.

(no..I'm not the OP! LOL we just happen to both have girl buns named Lola! :biggrin2: )

we've tried brushes and combs...currently we have a "slicker" type brush that Lola sorta kinda, if she's in a really really good mood-tolerates...

so far the best method we've come up with is plucking it off her!

Latest posts

Back