Brrrr

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Wind chill here in NJ makes it feel like zerodegrees Farenheit! Fingers started to ache changing watercrocks and feeding the outside crew earlier this morning."Storm window" inserts and panels on the screened portions of ourhutches were a must today. I am so relieved to have made themfor just such occasions.

Buns seem to be doing okay and weather is expected to warm up over the next few days. Everybody(bun) stay warm!

Buck

Baby it's cold outside!!

I just couldn't get enough warm clothes on this morning when it wastime to walk the dog. 6am and I figured I was dressed warm enough. Ilearned a few things..

Sneakers do not keep your feet warm.

Even if the only thing exposed is your nose, then your nose will freeze.

If the dog poops you will probably have to take you gloves off...and your hands will freeze.

If your hood blows off...you head freezes.

When the wind blows up your pantlegs...your legs freeze.

Warm bunnies are nice to hold when you have frozen hands.

Most bunnies do not like cold hands.

And lastly...sneakers do not keep your feet warm.

J-J-J-J-J-Jim-m-m-m-m

LOL! You know, after last weekend I'd be begging for 0*F weather! We had -40 with windchill already!

I know what you mean, during these months I change water 9 times a day during school or 12 times on days off.

We've had to put "storm windows" on all the front wire and the littlewire window at the back. There in sliders so I can pull them out onnice days. They get fresh air from the bottom of the cage since wecan't close that off. I really hate blowing snow!

I feel for you Buck, good luck. :p

By the end of January, I'll be hoping for-20*F/-29*C! I wouldn't doubt if we hit -58*F/-50*C without windchillby the end of January.

Hmmmm..... .....Does all this mean that you wouldn't want to hearthat it's supposed to be near 60 here today?My grass is stillgreen....I had to be careful of the sunshine yesterday so as not to gettoo much on my skin....

Oh! But it is what we consider coldenough! And it will be colder in the next couple of days!:p

Jim, I think someone told me sometimethat sneakers do not keep your feet warm!

Might I suggest that youallkeep ALL your parts covered in the cold!

RaspberrySwirl

Yeah yeah, rub it in why don't ya? ;)

It's freezing here too, it was 20 below F last night, and is around tenbelow F right now. Not looking forward to our errands we need to runtoday, but the bunnies need hay and food, not to mention their humanparents.

Quit bragging Rapsberry. :pRight nowyou're a prime target for bunny napping-- warm weather, beautifuldaughter and bunny...

Hmm... how about a trip in December, anyone?

And there was me sat here thinking I was cold! Itnever gets that cold here! I've even put the heating on just so thebunnies can go snuggle up in their favourite spot and roast their buttson the radiator - spoilt bunnies!

I hope all outdoor bunnies are OK and keep warm. :(

My bunnies are fine outdoors. They aclimatizereally well actually with adequate shelter. Mine have an insulated woodbox with lots of straw and they have so much fur.

There's a high of 1*F/-17*C today, lol, I know how you feel Buck.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Quit bragging Rapsberry. :pRight now you're aprime target for bunny napping-- warm weather, beautiful daughter andbunny...

Hmm... how about a trip in December, anyone?

ROADTRIP :dude:I'm there !!

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Hmmmm..... .....Does all this mean that you wouldn't want to hearthat it's supposed to be near 60 here today?My grass is stillgreen....I had to be careful of the sunshine yesterday so as not to gettoo much on my skin....

Oh! But it is what we consider coldenough! And it will be colder in the next couple of days!:p

Jim, I think someone told me sometimethat sneakers do not keep your feet warm!

Might I suggest that youallkeep ALL your parts covered in the cold!

RaspberrySwirl
Whilst clickin the heels of my red sequined sneakers together...I repeat over and over

"Take me someplace warm. Take me someplace warm..."

Alas ...I'm still here.

Jim

That is unnecessarily cold!

I'm glad I work in an office building with a mall in it so I don't haveto go outside for lunch! And it's surprising how little you care aboutthe smell in the subway when it's this cold!

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
It was-32F here yesterday....so don't complain about being cold :p
Shesh, only Canadians know the real cold. :p

My sister's roommate is from BC. She wanted to know what it was like tolive somewhere warm. So she moved to Detroit. Go figure :?.

Well...... just remember when you hate thetemps..... all this cold is killing off fleas and viruses! That's thesilver lining :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well...... just remember when you hate the temps..... allthis cold is killing off fleas and viruses! That's the silver lining:)
And the FLIES, too.

Die flies, die!! :X

Back