Broken woodstove pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowballbun

Reaction score
Hello,

I use woodstove pellets for litter for my buns. I just opened a bag and a large amount of them were broken up. Big soft pieces in my hand and lots of broken down pieces such as after they urinate. The normal pellets are very hard.

Is this bag safe to use or should I return it to the store? I've never had this happen.

It's possible that some moisture got into the bag and started breaking down the pellets. I see no harm in returning them and getting a different bag from a different batch. That's what I would do.

Yeah, I agree, sounds like some moisture got in. I've had wasted bags because I buy more than one at one, had one stored on the shed floor and somehow moisture got in and the whole bag was ruined. If you only just bought it and haven't been storing it, definitely return it.

Thanks guys. Of course we worry about our little guys. Didn't want to take any chances. Figure if someone who used the bag for an actual wood stove they wouldn't be able to.

Back