Broken leg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionBunn

Reaction score
I took in a fuzzy lop last night. He had matted fur which I cut off. One of his legs broke when he was little. He's about 2 now. It really makes me sick that neither of the previous owners took him to a vet. He's going to my vet this Friday. Getting an X-ray and make sure he's not in pain. My question is since it's such an old brake can it be rebroke and set? He's friendly and didn't freak when I was cutting his fur. He gets around ok but it looks awful. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398279806.453758.jpg

Oh my goodness, the poor little fella. :( I'm glad you've taken him under your own care. Sounds like his previous owners could use several lessons in basic animal care.

I'm not too sure about the leg question, but I hope someone here (and/or the vet) can provide you with more information. Best of luck! :pray:

Since its been so long, its probably best left as is. Re-breaking and trying to get it to set would probably cause more problems then good even if it could be done.
Rabbits are usually pretty good at learning to adapt.

Vet said to keep an eye on him and his leg. Watch for sores. He said breaking it and setting could set him back. He's fine just the way he is. Very friendly. Even the vet said it's not about what they look like its personality. We named him fozzy since he's a fuzzy lop. Just seemed to fit. Thanks for the input.

Bless you for taking this little gorgeous boy in!

I agree with the others, saying to leave the leg as is.

I also wanted to say that I also have a fuzzy lop... Love him to death,but boy is he messy! Poo always gets stuck to his bum, and i fully shave him every couple of months because his
fur everywhere gets matted, even with me brushing him every couple of days.

Here is a picture of Papaya- my fuzzy little dude!

Good luck with your sweet angel <3

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back