Broken leg....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I seen that rabbit tonight he has a broken leg iheard and was left by my in laws neighbors house............but hemoves like a lil sea turtle ya know thew ones just hatched outtasand???!! Now i seen he has TONS of flies covered all over his butt!!!Im thinking he will get fly strike! I dont know how much thenew owners know about bunnies! He is under a "tent" and fedin the am andmy father in law says he is real active in theam...but now i think maybe he would be better off put to sleep! Its sohot here right now w/ a cold front moving in ( he is kept outside) ineed advise it breaks my heart to see him like this...he doeshave cover to go to if it rains any advise sure would help!!!

Oh poor little guy. Maybe you should collect someinformation that you found helpful when you first got your rabbit (notall about flies or they might get suspiciousLOL)andtake a rabbit treat over and introduce yourself, tell them that youhave a rabbit/rabbits. As long as you keep your conversation lighthearted and friendly you wont make enemies, maybe they have no idea howto take care of a rabbit and wouldwelcome the advice, theymight invite you to come back and meet the rabbit, then you could talkto them about the flies, if you don'tshow thatyou'reupset that it happend they shouldn't get offended. Onthe other hand, some people just don't care about animals, and you needto be prepared in case they're that type, and walk away without causinga scene, if that's the situation you find yourself in, perhaps youcould offer to take the bunny, if not then maybe call animal controlafter you've left, just keep in mind that your family has to live nextdoor to them. I know it's a tough one.

Good Luck!

Megan

There's little you can do for the poor littlething unless the people let you. Unfortunately with the broken leg, theflies, etc., his stress level and pain level must be over thetop. He'll pass on if he's not treated quickly.Poor little thing will be out of his/her misery then.

I hope to God they don't get another. Doesn't sound like they care much about keeping him happy and healthy.

So sad.

-Carolyn

It just breaks your heart, doesn't it?! Poor little baby.

He most likely won't make it. I'm sure he'll enjoy Heaven a lot better than his time here on earth.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back