Brody...ugh!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, you guys. Well, there was no pee last night, this morning, and as of right now...so maybe he was just being a jerk for a while.

I couldn't get a hold of Dr. Batt because she wasn't in today. I'll have to try again or just bring him along tomorrow. I don't really think there is a health issue though, IMO...he is acting fine, being his normal self. If this is a bladder infection...then he's had it since September of 2007 :p. He goes through phases of peeing and being a little jerk...just this phase carried on too long. Maybe he was mad about the move, then me covering the wood base with vinyl tile, then having to have a coroplast base. Maybe his territory got changed up too much. It is just the cecal poops that are always the issue. I was giving him 3/4 cup, then 1/4 cup where we are now and his cecals dissapeared for a while...then came back. Maybe he gets used to the amount and the cecals come back.

I am going to lower his pellets down to 1/8 cup. He is going to throw a hissy fit, but I'll just be sure to give him extra hay. I am also definitely going to be talking with Dr. Batt.

I have to keep Bo's low, Amy. He's got a super sensitive system!

I bet he's just being a turd! Rotten little brats thtey can be LOL!

NZminilops wrote:
No matter where he pees, it'll hopefully be on the litter then. I have done this with rabbits that just pee and poo where they feel like it. After a few weeks, or months even, they start to learn that litter is what the pee on. I then reduced the area of litter slowly, week by week, until it was 3/4 of the cage, 1/2 the cage, 1/4 of the cage etc etc, using a plastic grill I found somewhere down in the garage.

When you've eliminated health issues, and tried everything you can think of, sometimes it's just how the rabbit is and not much you can do about it really. He might always have to live on litter.
HAHA:laugh:HAHA That last statement is Dallas. I tried everything.Now I just do this.:vacuum:and this :sweep. I want to do this.:help

Back