Broccoli

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is a list of treats to avoid, and why.

Avacado: Is poisonous for birds, so I am assuming it might be for rabbits
Broccoli: Can cause gastrointestinal distress
Brussels sprouts: Can cause gastrointestinal distress
Celery stalks: Can cause diarrhea and blockage
Iceburg lettuce: Can cause diarrhea

~Amy

You can give very small amounts ofbroccoli. Apollo loves it but it does give him gas and bunny fartsaren't pleasant. Just one small floret is enough.

It has been known to cause some bunnies problems as Amy mentioned so use it with caution.

Tina

LuvaBunwrote:I am lucky enough that it doesn't seem toaffect them in the , erm, gas area :p

Jan

You are very lucky indeed. It is really awful and Apollo isalways laying by me when he toots.It iswaygross.

I swear as I run to the door for fresh airI can hear Apollo giggling.

Tina

I have used broccoli as an appetite stimulant,my rabbits eat it readily,gas hasn't been a problem. OurBullmastiff pup, Baxter, now HE has a problem!

Sammy loves broccoli I did not know it couldhave side effects, or should that be other end effects? I will keep himdown to one floret now though. And yes we never give avacado orchocolate to our birds althought they can have iceberg lettuce.

Lazyacre wrote:
I have used broccoli as an appetite stimulant, my rabbitseat it readily,gas hasn't been a problem. Our Bullmastiffpup, Baxter, now HE has a problem!

When my brother would 'expel', he'd blame it on the dog.:foreheadsmack:

-Carolyn

dajeti2 wrote:

I swear as I run to the door for fresh airI can hear Apollo giggling.

Tina

that's the same giggle I get when Bub decides I need to smell just...like....him....:X

ACK! PHHHH! Bub!!!!!

and I hear.....

heeeheeeeheeee mummy's mad again!

Rose

Latest posts

Back