Britannia Petite?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
I adopted this guy yesterday after he was dumped at a petstore. What is his breed, do you think?

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1022.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

oh my she is beautiful. I was going ot get into polish at one point, but i moved towards dutch since polish were harder to come by. you are lucky, she is one stunningly pretty little girl!

Darn, and I was hoping for a 12 pounder. Oh well, maybe next time. I love him though. I'm pretty sure he's a boy. When I poked him, he poked back. I'm going to find out today for sure, see how old he is, and if he's already been neutered. I think I found a stitch down there a couple days ago. I'm thinking he came from the fair, but he doesn't have a tattoo on his ear.

Ainsleysmom wrote:
Darn, and I was hoping for a 12 pounder. Oh well, maybe next time. I love him though. I'm pretty sure he's a boy. When I poked him, he poked back. I'm going to find out today for sure, see how old he is, and if he's already been neutered. I think I found a stitch down there a couple days ago. I'm thinking he came from the fair, but he doesn't have a tattoo on his ear.

If he's from the fair, she wouldn't be spayed. You can only show rabbits who are intact.;)Plus they'd have a tattoo, which is used for identification.

I agree with the others though, she looks Polish to me. In fact, she looks remarkably like a little Polish mix we have here as a pet! They sure are a calm, friendly breed. A lot of people recommend them for small kids.

Oh, on another note...BP's are pretty ugly (snipey and skinny, plus I think an arch breed?) and they have nasty personalities. That's not a matter of opinion...the people who BREED them agree that they're nasty! LOL!

So that is generally not something you'd find in a pet store (most breeders won't sell them as pets) for that reason and also because they're pretty hard to find anyway.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Oh, on another note...BP's are pretty ugly (snipey and skinny, plus I think an arch breed?) and they have nasty personalities. That's not a matter of opinion...the people who BREED them agree that they're nasty! LOL!

So that is generally not something you'd find in a pet store (most breeders won't sell them as pets) for that reason and also because they're pretty hard to find anyway.
Well, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think brits are pretty cool little rabbits. I wouldn't describe them as ugly, snipey or skinny. I would say that some have nasty dispositions and are prone to biting, but not all of them. For that matter, my daughter had a himi doe that was nastier tempered than most of her brits.

I agree your new bun looks like a polish.

cafeduck1 wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:

Well, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think brits are pretty cool little rabbits. I wouldn't describe them as ugly, snipey or skinny. I would say that some have nasty dispositions and are prone to biting, but not all of them. For that matter, my daughter had a himi doe that was nastier tempered than most of her brits.
I know someone who breeds them and the personality bit was straight from her. I don't think the breed would ever, ever be bred or recommended for pets. And again...that's not a biased opinion...that's straight from someone who likes the breed.:pLooks are questionable depending on who you talk to, but all else considered, they are not one of the more sweet, even-tempered breeds.

Latest posts

Back