Bringing home two rabbits at the same time?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiesue

Reaction score
I've been flirting with the idea of adopting these two rabbits at the local shelter. I like them and someone posted about spinning angora wool and now I feel like I need angora rabbits (why did you do this to me!?)

Anyway, the rabbits I like are housed in two separate locations. A long time ago, I read an article on bonding that said that if you bring two rabbits home at once, the event of relocating is often so stressful that it's enough to bond them. But I can't remember where I read this or if it was from a reliable source, and there's a lot of BAD INFO on the internet.

Does anyone have experience with this? At this stage, I don't really plan on just tossing the two newbies in the same cage immediately with my fingers crossed, but I would like to bond them to the rabbit I've got now and jeeze, the fewer cages the better.

My two were put together in the shelter to see if they could live together so I sold adopt both. They bonded immediately. As I understand it, this is not typical. Perhaps see how the two you want do together first?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Latest posts

Back