Bringing a Bun Outside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holland_Lop

Reaction score
Just curious, when I brought Russ home it was winter, and he was just a few months old, so I never took him outside. Now its warm outside, and I am debating whether I should take him outside.

I live in a very woodsie area, with wild life galore..including neighborhood dogs and coyotes which make me nervous...ticks..bugs..you name it. There is no fencing around my yard, so I would have to teach him how to be controlled on a leash..(which I dont see going over very well..he's the boss).

He certainly gets enough exercise running around outside his cage 4+ hours a day, and playing in his huge 3 level bunny condo...so my question is....can a bunny be fulfilled never going outside?

I think they can be fine never going outside. With predators and ticks abundant in your area, I would be leary. We built an inexpensive pen using fencing for keeping rabbits out of gardens w/ metal posts for our yard. He loves it! You can make any size. I would just be concerned about ticks...

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I think they can be fine never going outside. With predators and ticks abundant in your area, I would be leary. We built an inexpensive pen using fencing for keeping rabbits out of gardens w/ metal posts for our yard. He loves it! You can make any size. I would just be concerned about ticks...
Thank you, is your bun a holland lop? He looks so much like my russell!!! funny!

Holland_Lop wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Thank you, is your bun a holland lop? He looks so much like my russell!!! funny!
He sure is!:biggrin:

Back