Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterisenberg

Reaction score
I just bought 13 6 week old Netherland Dwarfs and was wondering how old do rabbits have to be to be able to breed I've owned rabbits for 6 years and always waited a year and a half to breed never needed to breed before that so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought 13 6 week old Netherland Dwarfs and was wondering how old do rabbits have to be to be able to breed I've owned rabbits for 6 years and always waited a year and a half to breed never needed to breed before that so any help would be greatly appreciated.

3-4 months for dwarfs and small rabbits breeds; They mature quickly.

Hm, I just wonder, you are breeding rabbits for 6 years or so, and don't have a clue about the basics?

Then you buy 13 rabbits of a cute pet breed and are eager to get them multiplying? Do you know all that stuff about dwarf genetics?

Don't get me wrong, I'm breeding rabbits myself, but that post leaves the impression you are doing that for fast money.

BTW: Some can get some pregnant with 3-4 months, but I wouldn't consider that healthy and wait at least 6 months.

I, too, question your motive behind asking, but at any rate, I would wait until the does are 5-6 months before breeding. If the doe is too young you risk not only her life but the kits also.

Back