Breeding an unwilling doe advice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martha2000

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve got a two proven bucks and a new unproven doe. A few days ago I tried breeding her with one of my bucks but she wasn’t lifting at all and almost attacked him. I wasn’t sure why as I had done everything right and I’ve bred rabbits before but never had something like this. I put her in his cage, for the first time and he was mating her but she was just in the corner not lifting at all and getting a bit noisy! I am trying her with my other buck tonight, is there anything that I should do before to make sure that it all goes smoothly? Thank you all in advance.

Sounds like she's not ready to breed right now. Try again in a few days, or a couple weeks. They go through cycles of fertility; sometimes they are receptive to breeding, sometimes they aren't. Check her vent; if it is pink and small she is likely not ready to breed right now. If it is red and swollen she is more likely to be receptive to breeding.

Back