Breed Specific Information TRacking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
I myself raise dutch, and there isn't much to the record keeping on the pedigrees....

However I recently discovered that English Lop pedigrees keep record of Ear Length. understandably as it's an important factor of the breed and for show.

What I want to know is, are there any other breed-specific things like this that are recorded on pedigrees?

-JAK

Not so much on the pedigree, but I know a lot of angora breeders (myself included) that keep a record of how much wool each bunny produces during each harvesting including the length and overall quality.

When I was raising rabbits for meat I kept a detailed log of how many kits each doe produced and by which buck, how many lived, weights and overall condition.

I think no matter what breed you raise and for whatever purpose it's important to keep detailed records whether they be written on the pedigree or elsewhere.

As far as I know there's not. If you have Evans pedigree program, you can go through all the pedigrees to see if there's any breed specific info (I've only seen it on the English Lop).

Pam

With my Lionheads I have some pedigrees that show ear length and whether it is double maned or single maned. That was something the breeder just added because they felt it was important for breeding...just a breeder preference I suppose.

Back