Breed help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelbyLin14

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what breed my girl is?? This is her (black and white) next to my Flemish giant he’s only a baby not fully grown.

Attachments

• B2391620-0631-4605-822A-ABD54C502739.jpeg
    B2391620-0631-4605-822A-ABD54C502739.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 21
She's a pretty rabbit, I'm not very good with breed identification unless it's extremely obvious, but maybe she's an English spot?

Thank you! I thought English spot too but they have a black line down their back and small spots so I don’t think so

How’s the fur texture? it seem to have different fur than the flemish. Maybe a rex mix, but it’s only because the fur look to be a bit velvet like in the picture ☺️

Ha! I was typing as I saw Hermelin's post come through. I thought the same -- the photo seems to show a rex-like dense fur.

Though the marking have similarities with English Spot, that is one label that gets put on just about any rabbit with similar markings. The English Spot, however, is very lean as in this photo from ARBA:
1588624042020.png

Here's a video made by @woahlookitsme

Looks like a mini rex to me. Definitely not an english spot. Can you get a closer picture of the rabbit & its fur? From this distance it looks to have the soft, plush fur of a mini rex. Usually the round, clean spots like this one has are associated with rex fur; with normal furred rabbits you can see a bit of the fur texture on the edge of markings where the fur lays flat and overlaps (where as rex fur stands up so there isn't as much overlap in color). The head & ears are also the correct shape and size for a mini rex, which makes me lean towards a purebred rather than a rex breed mix (though you can't guarantee breed without a pedigree)

Looks like a mini rex to me. Definitely not an english spot. Can you get a closer picture of the rabbit & its fur? From this distance it looks to have the soft, plush fur of a mini rex. Usually the round, clean spots like this one has are associated with rex fur; with normal furred rabbits you can see a bit of the fur texture on the edge of markings where the fur lays flat and overlaps (where as rex fur stands up so there isn't as much overlap in color). The head & ears are also the correct shape and size for a mini rex, which makes me lean towards a purebred rather than a rex breed mix (though you can't guarantee breed without a pedigree)

Yes her fir is very soft, and I did get her from a breeder I think mini Rex too :) thank you!!

Latest posts

Back