Breed help....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machiavelli

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what kind of rabbit it just got. He's about two months old and we were told he will probably triple in size but I was told the same about my Lionhead who barely doubled in size in the time I've had him (which has been almost 4 years). Below, please see a picture of my new bun named Chester... He holds his ears like that, completely upright or completely back which is making it very difficult when trying to figure him out. Any help on figuring out his breed is appreciated. Thanks!!

Chester.jpg

I am trying to figure out what kind of rabbit it just got. He's about two months old and we were told he will probably triple in size but I was told the same about my Lionhead who barely doubled in size in the time I've had him (which has been almost 4 years). Below, please see a picture of my new bun named Chester... He holds his ears like that, completely upright or completely back which is making it very difficult when trying to figure him out. Any help on figuring out his breed is appreciated. Thanks!!

He appears to be a Holland Lop or Mini Lop. His mature size should be a better clue, although that is not always an indicator.

He looks like a Mini lop.... oh and btw, my Mini Lop does the exact same thing with her ear. She even passed it down to her babies its so cute

20140408_161725.jpg

20140427_134848.jpg

He looks like a mini lop.... and mine does that too with her ear... she even passed it down to her babies

The top picture is Olivia my Mini Lop doe who does (but isnt doing it in the picture...just chillin :]) the ear thing, and the bottom pic is her current baby Popcorn, an almost 6 week old black chinchilla (like mom) mini lop buck, who is the only survivor out of 7 prematurely born kits, and currently for sale (please view www.banditsbunnyfarm.weebly.com for more information on him if interested)... I'll post a picture of sire when I find one

Heres one!

Oliver, my Broken Black Steel Mini Lop buck

2013-08-27 17.02.39.jpg

One of mine holds her ears like that too.When one is more up I know she is curious about something when its slightly turned to the side she is annoyed and when the one ear that is usually up is turned back I know to leave her alone or get nipped/thumped at. Lops are hard to read body language but trial and error has gotten me this far.

Latest posts

Back