Bred Suki

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irishbunny wrote:
This is not ment to look like an attack, but I thought I would just say why I sometimes look like I'm being blunt in some of your topics. It's because sometimes you seem to make mistakes, alot of mistakes, but alot of the mistakes you made, you should have known better about e.g. housing your rabbits together. It's like sometimes you make mistakes on purpose, if you get what I mean, knowing that it's not right. Like you might ask for advice here and then do the total opposite to what people said.

Sometimes your topics leave me feeling ticked off and frustrated, so I have decided to try and avoid your topics, and hope someone calmer with good knowledge to come along and answer it, so I am going to try and not post in your topics if I don't agree with you or am a bit ticked off with what your doing, even though I sometimes find it hard to do.

I have no problem with you breeding or anyone breeding once it's done with the right supplies and care.

This is not ment to be an attack but I thought I would just tell you the truth on how I feel and wish Suki the best of luck.
This is one of your nicer attacks:p.

Peek-a-boo wrote:
to be honest i think breeding now is good because not only will it give you experience and enhance your knowledge on rabbits before you get your england breeding stock but it will tell you if breeding is right for you if that makes sense i always wanted to be a breeder but after having a litter of my own i found it heartbreaking and couldnt cope emotionally with it so it told me it wasnt for me and maybe this is a good experience to tell you whether its right for you or not if that makes sense :)
I have already bred Suki but the litter failed they were all dead by the age of one week. I'm hoping Suki won't abandon these kits. Plus it will tell me can I handle it in a larger scale.

NZminilops wrote:
Good luck! :D I think it sounds like you are really thinking about what you are doing.

I love all your rabbits name by the way.
I've decided I'm going to call all my female rabbits, a name begining with "s" And all my males will be called something begining with "r". So far Roger,Suki,Sukura,Savannah and we will see what happens when I'm back from England, Well I have to plan If I want to do what is best for Suki. Who I love so much.

I would have to say I love Sukara as a name :p. I find it curious though how people always spell is Sekura and Sukura? I've only seen Sakura as a name till I came to RO. Suki is a great name.

I hope it goes well and that you'll have some good baby bunny news for us in a month :D.

NZminilops wrote:
I would have to say I love Sukara as a name :p. I find it curious though how people always spell is Sekura and Sukura? I've only seen Sakura as a name till I came to RO. Suki is a great name.

I hope it goes well and that you'll have some good baby bunny news for us in a month :D.
Thanks, I had always wanted to call a pet sukura, I was going to call suki sukura but mam really disliked it so I said suki. But when I got sukura it had to be called sukura.

paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote:
And I want to make one last point and explain why I am so angry. I think the only thing you learned from your mistakes is to say the thing people want to hear.

http://add.ie/female_lionhead_rabbit-o32577-en.html
Yes you all know I can't keep Savannah. The babies won't be a permanant fix.

they might be if they have deformaties or health problems not many people will be willing to take on a rabbit that has dental problems etc. one of my does babies got dental problems at 6 weeks old making it unrehomable i also had another babie who had an eye problem andtook seizuresalso making it unrehomable. as a breeder you must take the responsability of keeping any babies that are unrehomable and getting the right vet treatment for them. my girl crystal needs dentals every6 weeks this is an example of what you could expect especially breeding from rabbits you dont know the genetic history of.

that wasnt a dig just a warning of what might happen and what you have to expect.

Paul,

If your mom were willing to allow you to have the rabbit you currently are trying to sell, I'd say go ahead and breed. However, since your mom isn't even willing to let you keep that one, I can't imagine why she allowed you to breed more of them.

Breeding rabbits is a great responsibility. As you've been told, it requires you to keep those that will not make good pets. Your mom wouldn't let you keep a perfectly healthy rabbit, how will she feel about keeping some that might need vet attention on a regular basis? That can get very costly, in addition to be time-consuming. Yes, it can go great and you can have perfect little babies, but unfortunately that is not always the case.

If these little ones turn out to be healthy, I'd recommend counting your blessings and holding off on breeding until you have the money to seriously breed. As a breeder I can tell you I do it for the love of my bunnies, just as I imagine is your reasoning. The difference is that I have another job and I can afford sinking thousands of dollars a year intomy bunnies.

Savanah does look like a lovely pet rabbit Paul :). I hope she can be settled into a permanent home soon.

In dreamland, I wishedafter readingabout her thatI could have her transported to me to keep, in reality that isn't at all possible. I live in England. Am living in my family home and my Dad doesn't want me to have anymore rabbits than the two I already haveat this address.

Good luck with the situation.

Jo xx

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I'd like to respectfully ask that posters in this thread state their opinions but then refrain from posting.

It really isn't anybody's business what Paul does with his rabbits. He's providing excellent care.

People can offer advice, but there it is up to Paul whether he wants to listen or not. If he chooses not to take that advice, it's his prerogative and should not be harassed for that decision and forced to not be forthcoming with information to avoid the harassment.

Apologies to Paul for not catching this sooner.

sas :(

From what I've heard, everything's going well :)

The kits are late though, they were due on the 22nd, still weren't here on the 25th but apparently that's okay.

Hope to hear some news soon and that everything is going well!

Pipp,

I respectfully disagree with you. If Paul posts in the breeders section asking for breeders' opinions, he should be able to take those opinions. Not every breeder is going to think that breeding is a good decision all the time...even if we ourselves breed. Many of us waited years until we had the correct setup and animals that we wanted to breed. I think advising potential breeders like Paul to take their time, learn what they are doing, and then proceed with caution is a good message.

In no way do I feel I "harassed" Paul. I stated why I thought he should hold off before breeding any more rabbits. Yes, it is his decision to follow that advice if he so chooses. However, I'm also, quite frankly, more concerned with the welfare of Paul's bunnies than in hurting Paul's feelings. We can't all be making "Go ahead, breed all your rabbits!" posts as that is not the feelings we possess. We have to promote responsible breeding regardless.

Dyan

Paul I don't know if anyone mentioned it before but first time does often lose their first litters. Its the reason why I always breed two experienced mothers at the same time as a maiden, in case she does not care for them I then foster them over onto the other 2 does. I realize that doesn't really apply in your case but its something to think about for the future. Always have a backup, I have a couple of does that I keep for foster mothers, they are incredible and would try to raise a rock. I really dislike losing babies, its upsetting whether your a new or old breeder. Many first time does just do not 'get' it the first time, they don't pull fur, have their kits on the wire, or just ignore them. One sign that the doe is not going to care for her kits is that she urinates on them and uses the nest box as a litter box while their in it. Try to avoid upsets, block off some of her view from the cage and make it more cave like, and keep all other animals away from her. Good luck, I hope you get healthy happy babies.

Latest posts

Back