Bred Suki

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
We bred Suki to Roger last night. It has been about a month since she gave birth to her first litter. I only left Suki in Rogers cage for an hour or so. But I did see Roger sugsesfully breed to Suki So I would expect The litter in 31 days, I marked the date on a calender and the due date is a Sunday. So I'm giving myself a whole month to get what I need for the new litter, Although there is nothing I would need because I have the kitten milk formla from the first litter And all the stuff incase the litter is rejected again. So I thought I would tell everyone what I have done, I think it would be cowardly to not tell you just incase something goes wrong and need some advice. And it also would be wrong if something did go wrong and I just come on and say something along the line of, Oh I just had a litter I need some advice. So I am telling everyone for a mark or respect, and incase I need advice.

Good luck! But didn't your mother say no more rabbits, and isn't Sav taken up your last cage?

irishbunny wrote:
Good luck! But didn't your mother say no more rabbits, and isn't Sav taken up your last cage?
Thanks, mam said it is ok to breed her because I won't be keeping the kits. I am getting €80 in the next 2 or so weeks. and All that money will be going into getting 2 more hutches. Also I am getting the runs set up for when the English rabbits are collected. Also It is possible a trusted friend is going to be taking Savannah. And she really is a trusted friend.

I do thinkits good that you have posted now, after doing this. You need to use this time to get fully prepared to avoid another Savannah situation, and also another previous Suki situation. Hopefully this time you can get everything sorted in advance and poor old Suki can havea far more relaxed pregnancy and a less stressed kindling and hopefully that will mean she is more successful :)

Flashy wrote:
I do thinkits good that you have posted now, after doing this. You need to use this time to get fully prepared to avoid another Savannah situation, and also another previous Suki situation. Hopefully this time you can get everything sorted in advance and poor old Suki can havea far more relaxed pregnancy and a less stressed kindling and hopefully that will mean she is more successful :)
Thanks for the support. I am preparing everything carefully.

irishbunny wrote:
Sounds good, good luck!
Thanks, If my mothers friend doesn't drop in the cage I will be using one of the new cages for Savannah till I can rehome her. Also Roger is not living with Suki just to make that clear.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Sounds good, good luck!
Thanks, If my mothers friend doesn't drop in the cage I will be using one of the new cages for Savannah till I can rehome her. Also Roger is not living with Suki just to make that clear.
Savannah is still going to be rehomed? And new babies are welcome?

Sabine wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Sounds good, good luck!
Savannah is still going to be rehomed? And new babies are welcome?
We are not keeping any of the babies. Also If I have promised her to a friend and She is allowed I can't say no. I Don't think I can ever win. I am trying to do my best.

You are aware that as a breeder if any babies have handicaps or for whatever reason are not sellable you will need to provide a home for them. And more importantly, how does your mom feel about that?

Sabine wrote:
You are aware that as a breeder if any babies have handicaps or for whatever reason are not sellable you will need to provide a home for them. And more importantly, how does your mom feel about that?
Yes I know, I have told my mother all this and she has agreed. The reason I can't keep Savannah is because It was for mams friend not me. I just get the feeling anything I try you are against I am trying my best.

I think what you have to remember Paul is that the forum has seen you make a lot of mistakes, due to not listening,and people are worried for the welfare of your buns and you making bad mistakes again. Having said that, whilst I think it is a shame you didn't post before breeding, I think you have done absolutely the right thing by posting and asking for help because we can help you be prepared.

On a side note, why is it you want to breed so badly? I just wonder because everyone has different reasons and I know mine were very different from anyone else I have come across, so I just wondered, that's all.

Flashy wrote:
I think what you have to remember Paul is that the forum has seen you make a lot of mistakes, due to not listening,and people are worried for the welfare of your buns and you making bad mistakes again. Having said that, whilst I think it is a shame you didn't post before breeding, I think you have done absolutely the right thing by posting and asking for help because we can help you be prepared.

On a side note, why is it you want to breed so badly? I just wonder because everyone has different reasons and I know mine were very different from anyone else I have come across, so I just wondered, that's all.
You are completely right. I have made loads of mistakes but doesn't this prove I'm trying to prove myself as a responsible rabbit owner. There are many reasons I want to breed "so badly" Alot of them are personal reasons. But one reason is It gives me personal enjoyment, and I enjoy the fact that these creatures will get the best I can give. Everyone this is only a small factor, It has alot of Personal reasons behind it.

I wasn't having a go, merely saying why maybe Sabine is saying the things she is. It takes a big person to recognise and admit mistakes and an even bigger person to learn from them. I have made mistakes, horrific mistake,s but it actually made me a better bun owner, and hopefully yours will make you a better bun owner. It sounds, right now, like it will.

Flashy wrote:
I wasn't having a go, merely saying why maybe Sabine is saying the things she is. It takes a big person to recognise and admit mistakes and an even bigger person to learn from them. I have made mistakes, horrific mistake,s but it actually made me a better bun owner, and hopefully yours will make you a better bun owner. It sounds, right now, like it will.
Thanks for all this support. I am so glad I joined RO it is one of the main reasons Why I'm growing to make the right decisions not for myself but for the creatures I care for.

This is not ment to look like an attack, but I thought I would just say why I sometimes look like I'm being blunt in some of your topics. It's because sometimes you seem to make mistakes, alot of mistakes, but alot of the mistakes you made, you should have known better about e.g. housing your rabbits together. It's like sometimes you make mistakes on purpose, if you get what I mean, knowing that it's not right. Like you might ask for advice here and then do the total opposite to what people said.

Sometimes your topics leave me feeling ticked off and frustrated, so I have decided to try and avoid your topics, and hope someone calmer with good knowledge to come along and answer it, so I am going to try and not post in your topics if I don't agree with you or am a bit ticked off with what your doing, even though I sometimes find it hard to do.

I have no problem with you breeding or anyone breeding once it's done with the right supplies and care.

This is not ment to be an attack but I thought I would just tell you the truth on how I feel and wish Suki the best of luck.

to be honest i think breeding now is good because not only will it give you experience and enhance your knowledge on rabbits before you get your england breeding stock but it will tell you if breeding is right for you if that makes sense i always wanted to be a breeder but after having a litter of my own i found it heartbreaking and couldnt cope emotionally with it so it told me it wasnt for me and maybe this is a good experience to tell you whether its right for you or not if that makes sense :)

Latest posts

Back