Breast reduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my 20 year old daughter scheduled for a breast reduction. The poor thing is miserable and has wanted it for a long time so it's time. Can anybody who has had one tell me anything about the healing process, time off work etc. Anything that anybody can tell me would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Joy

I had it 4 years ago.. I was 44FF and now im a 44D..

At age 30, my back was already shot.. so it didn't make a difference on my discomfort level, as at that point it was constant.. but it did keep my back from going clean out where I was flat on my back in traction for 2 weeks.. 4 times a year..

Mostly it's about keeping the stitches moist with triple antibiotic ointment.. the sutures ooze alot, and it sticks to the gauze, and there were many a time I ripped my stitches open in my sleep, because the gauze stuck to them and when I twisted it pulled it away.

I have to go in for revisements next month.. be sure to ask that they turn the sutures close to the armpits in.. if that makes any sense. They pucker if you don't.

I also have absolutely no feeling in my breasts at all..4 years later I kinda feel something in my armpits.. but not much..

My healing process took alot longer than most because of ripping my stitches open, but the morning after I was up and mobile and wanting hamburgers. The only bad part is when I bent over to potty.. I felt like my nipples were on fire..

Feel free to PM me with any questions..

Z

Thank you so much, she has a consultation October 3rd. It's quite a ways away but it's the best time for both of us to take time off work. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions as the date gets closer.

Thanks again,

Joy

JadeIcing wrote:
GoinBackToCali wrote:
I also have absolutely no feeling in my breasts at all..4 years later I kinda feel something in my armpits.. but not much..

Z
An there is why I don't want to do it.

Both of my sister in laws have had the surgery and neither of them have any problems with that.

Joy

spoh wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
GoinBackToCali wrote:

Z
An there is why I don't want to do it.

Both of my sister in laws have had the surgery and neither of them have any problems with that.

Joy
Yea but I am paranoid. :?

They took 12lbs off one breast and 11.5 off another. They did the fan shape incision from armpit to breast plate. My nipples were removed and placed on a tray, they did massive amounts of lipo around my chest because my breasts were rather basketball-ish. They then grafted my nipples back on, joined the incisions and sent me to recovery. The whole process took almost 4 hours according to my Doctor and waiting family.

Perhaps the feeling aspect of it depends on amount removed and procedure used..

Out of curiosity, if both your sister-in-laws had the procedure done, surely they can offer more in house advice to you and your daughter..help alleviate any fears or concerns.

Best Wishes

Z

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Out of curiosity, if both your sister-in-laws had the procedure done, surely they can offer more in house advice to you and your daughter..help alleviate any fears or concerns.

Best Wishes

Z
You would think so wouldn't you. My sister in laws both had different experiences, one had no pain, the other had loads of pain. The one has more scaring than the other. One Dr. asked what size she would like to be and made her that size, the other Dr. asked but then didn't do it because he didn't feel that it would look right. Basically I was just looking for some other experiences because they are giving me such conflicting information.

I can see with how extensive your surgery was how you might not have any feeling. That sounds terrible! OUCH!

Joy

I getcha now.. like childbirth.. you wanted to hear all the horror stories..and the good stories too

Still.. if you have any questions.. please please don't hesitate to PM me..

Z

Latest posts

Back