bramble and splodge show rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becci

Reaction score
hi ppl

weare think of showingour rabbits. do u think theywould be good enough to show them. oh and do u have to have the papersto show them?

here r the pics!

Im gonna move this to the rabbitry for you, theres more showing experts that check that section often..

Hopefully you'll get some good responses!

-Haley

I'm not sure about Splodge, he may be showablebut since he's not posed and I'm no expert, I'll let somebody else(*cough*Pam*cough*) answer that one for you. As for bramble, I'm prettysure he's unshowable due to that little white snip on his paw. Sincethe rest of him is self chocolate, I'm pretty sure that disqualifieshim. Where did you get them? Are you sure they're purebred? Ilovvvveeee Bramble.

You can show even fixed rabbits inthepet class, but usually in the others you need papers. Verycute! And is that I white nose smudge I see? ;) Cute cute cute!

As already pointed out, the white paw and spoton the nose would be a disqualification. The butterfly wasn'tposed well. He appears rather weak in the shoulders, but maynot have any actual disqualifications. You would need to becertain they are within the required weight range and they would alsoneed to be rung to be shown. (We tattoo them in the US)

Pam

im beccis sister by the way!

your from the usa so wouldnt it be different in the uk?

and we only want to show them in the pet classes!

rhiannon:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Jess_sully wrote:
I'm not sure about Splodge, he may be showable but sincehe's not posed and I'm no expert, I'll let somebody else(*cough*Pam*cough*) answer that one for you. As for bramble, I'm prettysure he's unshowable due to that little white snip on his paw. Sincethe rest of him is self chocolate, I'm pretty sure that disqualifieshim. Where did you get them? Are you sure they're purebred? Ilovvvveeee Bramble.

what do you mean by self chocolate?

pamnock wrote:
Asalready pointed out, the white paw and spot on the nose would be adisqualification. The butterfly wasn't posed well.He appears rather weak in the shoulders, but may not have any actualdisqualifications. You would need to be certain they arewithin the required weight range and they would also need to be rung tobe shown. (We tattoo them in the US)

Pam

Yes, I'm from the US. You can show your rabbits in a pet class.

Pam

Doesn't matter what they look like for petclasses :) In the UK pet classes are judged on things like how cleanthe rabbit is, health and friendlness. If you get intouch with the BRCthey should be able to give you info on registering for shows and whereyour local ones are.

Don't forget you need to get them vaccinated for VHD and Myxi first -hundreds of rabbits in once place is a good way to pick up bugs :?

Pet classes are generally held by privateorganizations. The BRC holds shows for recognized breeds, andwould be unlikely to provide information on any pet shows.Pet shows are generally held for youth - adult classes are less common.

Pam

Quite a few BRC shows have pet classes at them.The other place to try would be agricultural shows although they tendto be in big tents so not a great idea in summer as it gets very hot!

Latest posts

Back