Brac had her litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Bracon~

Reaction score
Bracken had her litter two days ago. We had Warren fixed 3 weeks ago but it was obviously too late by then. She had 4 in total, but one died yesterday morning. So I bought an indoor cage yesterday and the bracken and the 3 babys are currently living in my bedroom:DI dont have any pics to show atm, but we are hoping to get Bracken spayed in a few weeks.

OMG I didn't even know she was pregnant again! :shock:

Awww congratulations, I'm sorry about the other baby but I'm so pleased that Bracon's ok. :)

And of course we want those pic's asap!!!!! :biggrin2:

They're both so pretty! I bet the babies are gorgeous! Congrats although it wasn't planned! Those naughty bunnies! ;)

Congrats on the babies and the healthy delivery. How is Bracon doing at beng a mom? I bet she's taking good care of the babies.

If I remember right - she's a Netherland dwarf - right? If so - three babies surviving is GREAT for a first litter. WOW. I keep hearing how hard it is to breed Netherland Dwarfs and get live litters.

Anyway - congrats again - I hope you really enjoy the babies.

Peg

Celestial Wind wrote:
Congrats on the live kits.

I thought she had lost her kits due to a miscarrage? Or am I thinking of someone elses bunn?

Just what i thought.......

Cant believe Bracon got pregnant. Again.

I find it rather hard to believe that a rabbit, so soon after having a miscarriage, will be able to conceive so quickly. I know that rabbits will "breed like rabbits", but that one is far-fetched to me.

I doubt she was pregnant in the first place.

But good luck with the kits.

Ivory wrote:
I find it rather hard to believe that a rabbit, so soon after having a miscarriage, will be able to conceive so quickly. I know that rabbits will "breed like rabbits", but that one is far-fetched to me.

I doubt she was pregnant in the first place.

But good luck with the kits.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26788&forum_id=8

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26093&forum_id=6

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27034&forum_id=1

And to quote: "Bracon had a miscarrigea few days ago, Ive not talked about it because I still feel a bit upset. At least I no she'll be ok now and I can get her spayed soon."

Yet Bracon was allowed to get pregnant again? I'm sorry but i think this is just appalling. I'm not having a go at Bracon but surely after this awful tragedy it shouldnt have been allowed to happen again?

:?

Sorry, but the timeline on this is off. The last pregnancy scare/miscarriage was on August 6th. If she were bred around that time, her due date would have been 28-32 days later, around the beginning of September. But Bracon had a miscarriage, apparently, but at which point it was never made completely clear. If she was under 20 days then I suppose it's possible that she simply reabsorbed the kits. Twenty days from the sixth is August 26th, which would be the longest period of time. Or, if she was bred on the 4-5th then it would be the 24-25th to be the last day possible for a true reabsorption. After said reaborption it would take her body about a month to be ready to conceive again- that's the 24-25th of September. It's October 16th today. This was announced on the 12th. It seems to be a very large stretch that Brac birthed perfectly healthy kittens with a eighteen day gestation period.

I am not critisizing breeding her, it's that I seriously doubt the last "pregnancy scare" was actually a pregnancy scare, because I seriously doubt that Brac was pregnant the last time, or if she was she reabsorbed her kittens much earlier in the pregnancy than originally thought.

I'm not picking on Bracon (the person), I think we should just enjoy the baby bunny pictures and have fun. I was just doubting that Brac was pregnant and miscarried.

Thanks for the comments guys, I totaly understand what you were all saying, but we we just going off what the vet told us, but I gotta enjoy this while it lasts since Warren has lost his manley parts :D

I know Bracon (the person) didn't want this to happen, I have been talking to her, and she was very upset when she found the kits. I have talked to her, and know she didn't do it on purpose, Im all confused with the whole miscarrage thing, so I'll stay out of that...

But, please, there are some who are saying some things that couldbe very hurtful (not all of you, just 1 or 2) and I don't see a point in hurting Bracon (The person)'s feelings. She said she didn't mean for it to happen, so can't we all belive the best in people (thats a lot coming from me) and just be happy that 3 of the 4 babies made it, and Bracon (the rabbit) is okay! :)

Not being nasty, just sticking up for someone who made a mistake.

Shay

i wasnt trying to hurt/upset bracon with my comment its just i know alot of people want their rabbits to have 1 litter il admit i did this also with my first buns :)but were also scared to admit this and say its an accident to avoid others having ago at us and making us feel guilty, i do believe some 'accidents' happen but looking back on Bracons posts her bun has had 2 pregnancy scares and 1 true pregnancy i cant really see how a buck can accidently get to a doe 3 times surely you'd learn from the first time but like i said i dont want toupset Bracon i think the babys are absolutly beautiful and would love to watch them as they grow :)and 1 things for sure Bracon wont be looking at these babies as an 'accident' but more of a 'blessing', enjoy the babies while you can hun and take lots of pics:D

i wasnt trying to hurt/upset bracon with my comment its just i know alot of people want their rabbits to have 1 litter il admit i did this also with my first buns :)but were also scared to admit this and say its an accident to avoid others having ago at us and making us feel guilty, i do believe some 'accidents' happen but looking back on Bracons posts her bun has had 2 pregnancy scares and 1 true pregnancy i cant really see how a buck can accidently get to a doe 3 times surely you'd learn from the first time but like i said i dont want toupset Bracon i think the babys are absolutly beautiful and would love to watch them as they grow :)and 1 things for sure Bracon wont be looking at these babies as an 'accident' but more of a 'blessing', enjoy the babies while you can hun and take lots of pics:D
I understand, but what I was getting at was, even if you do believe SOME accitdents happen, why can't we just belive it was an accident? I understand it may seem like it wasn't, but if Bracon(the person) did decide to let her rabbits breed, then so be it, it's her choice..

And I will come with it now, I bred my first rabbits. I bred them a few times. I didn't say that on here before, scared that I'd get bashed, but I did.

:) No harm ment.

ThatsMySimi wrote:
I know Bracon (the person) didn't want this to happen, I have been talking to her, and she was very upset when she found the kits. I have talked to her, and know she didn't do it on purpose, Im all confused with the whole miscarrage thing, so I'll stay out of that...

But, please, there are some who are saying some things that couldbe very hurtful (not all of you, just 1 or 2) and I don't see a point in hurting Bracon (The person)'s feelings. She said she didn't mean for it to happen, so can't we all belive the best in people (thats a lot coming from me) and just be happy that 3 of the 4 babies made it, and Bracon (the rabbit) is okay! :)

Not being nasty, just sticking up for someone who made a mistake.

Shay
After this post i'm leaving this forum and this thread but.......i cant believe the same 'mistake' was made twice.

Bracon told people after Bracon bunny supposedly lost her babies that she was having her spayed - why was she put back with the male bunny?

It just seems she lied to us about this and then went ahead and bred Bracon again (even after Bracon had a miscarriage - or whatever she had).

I'm a member of another forum in the UK and this kind of thing would not happen with members on there - we love our bunnies too much. I cant be a part of this forum anymore, there are too many 'incidents' happening like this, and personally, it disgusts me.

Goodbye.

hannah, im so glad brakcne is alive, that wass my main concern (having lsot two nethies in klabour myself), but im rerally glad hs ei ok. im even more glad, and pleseantly surpirsed that she has live kits,that's a total ahcivem,ent for her.

i dont see how this was an accient. surely your family mshould have learnt form whagt happened last ti,me, if not, thats a bit poor to risk animals and not learnlike that (i hope you can see im not criticisng your there),but the outcome has not bee a bad one, and thats the important thing. having said that, if it wad delioberate, at leats eveyrhitng is good :)

unfortunatle,y due to simis defensive post for you, what should have been a posiitve thread has fuirther descendced into a crappy thread of nit picking, having a go, etc, and it shouldn't have. i haven't been on your thrad with pics of your babies, but i hope that thead is more positive, and this one can be left to lie because you ahve got some wondeful times ahead and you have got thtee little joys to love and thats what should be focused on, not the negative things in this thrwad.

Latest posts

Back